on 28 July 2005
There is nothing wrong with this album! People underrate it, and to be honest it's one of their best. It's basically because the LA guns make the jump from pretty boy glam to vampiresque/spooky kid music. There's still elements of glam in there but this was their first leap to becoming more spooky than glam. The full transformation can be seen in 'waking the dead.' I just find it stupid when fans abandon them because they make this image/sound jump and the fans get scared because it means they're listening to a kind of music and they're worried they'll be labelled a freak. So don't be vain get this album if you like the LA guns, not because you're glam or whatever. If you like the LA guns, you'll like this album!
on 17 January 2013
I found this CD lying on my desk at work after a clearout. I don't know how it got there, had never heard of LA Guns, but decided to give it a listen in my car. I could not believe how good it was, it gets better after each listen. I have now been listening to it on my way to work for at least 3 months. There are some great tracks especially Over The Edge, Some Lie For Love and the superb My Koo Ka Choo. Crystal Eyes is also a great ballad. This CD cost me nothing but is a lot better than some of the CDs I have paid for. I will definitely be exploring their other work to see if it is as good as this.
on 27 July 2001
The album opens with the song " Over the edge" which is also featured in the film "Point Break". The song is stunning.Brilliant vocals. We have some filler songs that aren't really worth mentioning. The ballads on the album are good. "Chrystal Eyes" is superb. "Big House" closes the album.Majority of the songs are average but the better ones save the album.
on 4 June 2010
I thought this album was awesome when I first bought it on audio cassette many years ago... listenning to it recently on CD, I see it is still frickin' awesome! WHOO!
on 15 August 2005
This is the album that got me into the LA Guns, and what an amazing album it is; full of amazing riffs and dark undertones, Tracii and the lads created an underrated masterpiece unlike any other..
Its good to see the former G&R lead guitarist working so hard to actually make decent music, and not just to make a packet in his pocket!
This album is probably the album I would recommend you to buy more than ANY other!
on 20 May 2014
Had high expectations about this cd but in the end it is a bit of a let down for me personally.
Loved Cocked & Loaded with its sleaze swagger and quality songs.This time the songs are still there but the swagger is gone,replaced by a more mature sound and feeling,not that thats a totally bad thing but in my head its just not what I was expecting,I miss tunes like Rip & Tear,Ballad of jane and sex action from days gone by which is disappointing and nothing on this disc seems to fit that bill,not the worst disc just not in the same league as their best.
on 2 February 2009
did you know over the edge song was on point break film as always ilove this album so much i think its brilliant the songs are rilliant
on 13 August 2014
Lost this album years ago moving between uni. Still as excellent as I remember, probably in my top ten albums ever.
on 14 June 2015
The non-essential 3rd album by LA Guns, to be purchased after the essential debut (LA Guns), and the quality follow up (Cocked & Loaded).