Eurosonic Travel Adaptor Plug:UK version
Package Quantity: 1|Style: Original Packaging|Change
Price:£1.79+ Free shipping

on 16 May 2015
Cheap, reliable, compact and fused.
For this price range you will not get anything better than this. It is very value oriented. It's size is just perfect as you can line several of these in an extension without bumping into each other, so it is rather compact.
It is fused with a 13 Amp fuse with a quick release mechanism, meaning you won't have to take it apart, just to change the fuse in case it goes out.
This however deserves a warning. This will not earth any appliance that has a Schuko plug as it has no lateral contacts. If it is a French/Czech/Slovak plug with 3 pins it will be grounded. Otherwise, no.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 November 2016
Bought this for my American imported Amazon Echo. Long after Alexa bit the dust, this is still going strong.
on 16 July 2017
I had purchased an item that came with an American plug,so I needed an adapter. There were many to choose from and this was one of the cheapest. It worked perfectly first time and there was no problem with the fittings. I swear by this make for any future dealings where I need an adapter from a 2 pin USA, Canada or Australia adaptor to a 3pin UK plug.
on 20 April 2015
Great plug to convert a US plug into a UK socket - it is a bit fiddly to insert the US plug (as other reviewers have found), but I find it works well enough for me.

Not too big (so you can put it in a multi-socket extension), and a 13A rating was the key thing for me - so you should be able to use this for a hairdrier or such like, and in theory this should be a lot safer as a result compared to some cheap 3A plugs which will burn out if you try to use something with any power in it.

Note this is not a convertor - just an adaptor, so make sure your device can take 240v as an input.
on 15 March 2017
Thie Travel Adaptor Plug, for the UK is very well made, feels good in hand and worth the competive price. One minor thing, once you plug in your two pin plug into it, it hugs it like a crab trying to protect it's self, now could be a good thing for some people but for me I am frightened that I might breake it with the amount of force that is needed to pullout your two pin plug, other wise great solid buy.
on 14 April 2016
I purchased this so that I could get some use out of a heat gun that just happened to come with a Chinese 3-pin plug, and the device works just fine. The plug fits snugly into the adaptor, which subsequently fits without issue into the wall socket and works without issue. Be advised the adaptor will not adjust the voltage of the item you are using and will still only work with items that use voltage similar to the UK.
on 5 February 2016
I had brought an electrical product when abroad and needed an adapter.

This was quickly delivered, is compact the size of a regular UK plug and worked like a treat.

Its just a shame that the product I brought from abroad konked out after a couple of months but I have stored this up nicely as there was no problem with this and I am sure I will have a need for it again.

Great item, did its job really well.
on 5 August 2016
Arrived super quick, was a little hard to work out how to get the plug into the adapter but that's likely due to my kack handedness!. Now my new Robo Hoover with an EU plug works perfectly here and I'm very happy about that.Would def recommend this adapter. Dxx
on 17 December 2016
This is pretty good product, however be warned if you do not have the third "prong" - the earth on your plug you can't use the adapter as it has safety 'shutters' I was able to easily rectify this with the use of my specialised screw driver set (i used to fix my phone) - it is like a Philips head but with 3 instead of 4 blades. You just screw out the two screws and pull out the shutter - very easy for me... but if you dont have the tool its going to be useless for you. So yes, one star reduction as it was very nearly useless.
on 23 February 2012
If you have a rechargable or mains shaver you'll know that the plug is invariably 2 pin so that it can be used in shaver sockets. Makes sence. If however you don't have a shaver socket you need to purchase an adaptor. There are loads available and they are all cheap, a few pounds if that.

Unfortunatly they all have short (BS 646) fuses in them and try as I might I can't get hold of these easily. You can buy them on Amazon but at stupid prices, and the internet has a few other options.

This adaptor takes a normal sized fuse, it comes with a 13amp one fitted and as I have have a few low power electrical items with non UK plugs looked a good idea. I simply replaced the fuse with a 3 amp one.

Pleased to say that it works as a shaver (2 pin) and European adaptor but cannot comment on individual countries - there is a review that mentions it does not work with Swiss plugs.