on 16 January 2017
I bought this in 2014, so it had lasted 2 years and I used it everyday. It was still working well mechanically, but I had to throw it away because there was a smell that would not go away. I bleached it, I used Milton tablets, nothing worked. I don't know how long the smell was there because I didn't notice it until I stored it overnight with the lid on it. When I took the lid off, the smell was horrible. After that, I realized that it smelled if you smelled inside it, up close. It appears it was coming from under the metal post in the middle of the bowl. The post is what the blade mechanism fits onto. It seems that the bit that holds the post in is not sealed and so food/liquids leak into it. After trying everything I could think of to disinfect it, the smell just wouldn't go away, so I had to throw it away. I just don't know when it started to smell because I always stored it with the lid off, so I can't say how long it takes for that to happen. For that reason, I won't buy this again.
on 15 July 2016
I bought a refurbished item as to replace my broken Kenwood mini chopper. It was 3.99 +p&p. I was happy paying for a Duronic refurbished product in case I felt it was inferior to the Kenwood. Well, I wont be buying the Kenwood every again. This Duronic is much better and far superior chopper. Larger container, faster time to chop and the turbo button is insane. I chop veg finely to put into spag bols, stews etc ... and I can tell it's build is far better quality, its not slip, the container isn't as difficult to take apart and it has the right safety features. If like me you are looking for a replacement, this is the one to buy.
on 21 October 2015
I use this a lot having Arthritis ,It makes chopping things so much easier you just put the veg in and place the lid on then put the top on there is no need to twist the top on it just sits on there then you press down and zoom in a matter of seconds its chopped. JUst to update on this i bought the 6 october 2015 and have used it a lot,but this morning(11/03 2016 ) while making pesto it started smoking and does not work now so even though it was brilliant it has not lasted as long as i thought it would.I just thought i would update as when i look at reviews i like to know how long something may last.
on 22 July 2014
What a great little device ! I bought it to chop onions primarily, so I didn't end up crying so much and the children weren't so keen on chopping either. This will create varying degrees of "chopped" from a coarse chop to very fine . . . all depends how long you keep it on for. To turn it on you press gently down on the device once it's on top of the plastic tub . . . so no accidents can happen and the blade is securely inside the tub.

It will also chop ginger, various vegetables including ginger and carrots and has plenty of power.

Cleaning it is also much easier than a traditional blender because the top comes off the tub, the blade comes out and you can then clean them all individually and there are no nooks and crannies for food to get stick in.

Very impressed, works perfectly, seems well built, the plastics are good quality - if it had a Philips or Bosch badge on it it would be perfectly acceptable.
on 29 November 2014
Works well but feels a bit flimsy, light plastic bowl which would not take too much abuse and think after a while will become brittle.
That said for now works fine and at price thought would save time against a grater which are thick end of £10.
I Use for home made soup so just cut your veg to fit bowl and throw in, takes all the effort out of job.
Tip - take the upper plastic paddle out as this will trap you veg. Agree with other reviews as to why the double blade is not included as to buy it was more for p&p than the attachment.
on 4 August 2013
I already have something similar but this is by far much better! I had a piece of yesterdays cooked sirloin which was too big for me. So rather than throw it out I cut it into smallish bits & zapped it with the turbo button using the double blade that I ordered at the same time. Wow! It couldn't have been more than a second or two. Then I chopped onion & did the same. You must be quick as onions go to pulp if left too long. I just pressed the top without turbo. Perfectly chopped onions. ( I didn't clean in between chopping the 2 items mentioned) I used this as a quick base to make 'sugo' for pasta, adding various things to my taste. Also very easy to clean.
I may try coffee beans with it as I usually use ready ground coffee. The grinder I got for the job is not very good so it languishes somewhere at the back of a cupboard!
Super little gadget that doesn't take up too much space & will save time for busy mums with babies & anyone who like too cook. Wish I'd had one all those years ago when mine were babies! Oh I nearly forgot the price! A real bargain!!
on 23 March 2015
It's good for veg and dates but I read the top reviews saying it ground almonds finely and this was what spurred me to buy the processor. In fact, at its lowest price (9.99) it's fine enough for small jobs BUT it overheats very quickly and worryingly you can see the bulb flashing underneath the top of the machine as does overheat. So if you need to use it for more than five minutes it's not your best bet as it will take a long time. Food is also prone to getting stuck under the blades or on the sides so lots of scraping. I wouldn't buy it at full price but it will do until a get a better one and will work as a back up. Invest in a higher end product is my humble advice.
on 4 December 2011
I have now purchased two of these - one for a present for a family member after using the other for myself for several months. I use it to grate parmesan, nuts and blend pastes for curries etc. I haven't made a milk shake with it. It is compact and, although sturdy, I wouldn't overwork it with by trying to chop very hard items in it. The only slight difficulty I have with it, is remembering to line up the notches on the lid up properly when closing it. I misaligned it once and had to get my husband to open it for me as it was well and truly jammed. Washes well in the dishwasher and is a useful small blender when I don't want the hassle of getting out the food processor for a small quantity. You can't complain about the price either!
on 30 December 2016
This is one of these things that you never knew you needed so much , I now use this thing for just about everything . it grinds coffee beans , grinds whole spices for curries , it mixes , it chops , it even does a wicked milkshake , the possibilities are endless .I cant say enough nice things about this product ,it is a fantastic little thing and very easy to clean
on 30 May 2014
Most of my amazon reviews are 5 stars because I like to share the love but this is one of the few (bottom 1%) of amazon purchases I have made and I genuinely feel that it's not even fit for purpose.

It leaks liquid from the top. Even with half an onion it will leak liquid form the "sealed top". It's like using a blender without a lid.