Customer reviews

Size: n/a|Change
Price:£32.13+ Free shipping

on 17 June 2017
Replaced my gear and brake cables on my bike with no probs using these, only 4 stars as its a bit pricey but as a carpenter by trade I know that when it comes to tools you get what you pay for.
on 12 July 2015
Excellent. Cut through the brake cable like butter and crimped the end connector. Much better than the cheap alternative I bought before it.
on 22 April 2016
Good quality tool
on 7 May 2011
i use these cutters everyday at work and they are excellent, im a bike tech and i do a lot of work on bikes. these cutters are very powerfull and will cut through outer casing with very little effort, they will also cut through spokes like a knife through butter (spokes make a good makeshift chain tool when you reconnect a chain) well worth buying and very durable.
on 13 March 2013
I needed some wire cutters to trim some thick tensile wires that came with a set of mudguards I was trying to fit. I had been to a couple of cycle shops and they had lent me wire cutters similar to these, but I wanted to get a pair myself as I needed to make further adjustments/trimming.

Although these cutters are designed for brake cable and casing, they also do work on the mudguard wire, though it requires a lot of effort. That said they did the job and I was very happy with these cutters. In terms of cutting through brake cable, they cut it like a knife through butter!

Also found the built in crimper very handy for attaching caps to the ends of the brake cable.
on 11 August 2012
These are fabulous - very clean cuts on brake and gear cables - just be bold when cutting and snip quickly - a few of my cuts didn't even need tidied up with an AWL - Park as always maybe expensive but quality tools.
on 10 May 2013
Feels robust and cuts gear cable cleanly, first time. It also has useful cable end tidy crimp feature. Product recommended.
on 16 March 2013
The saying about using the right tool for the job could well have been invented for use while describing this tool.
Forget trying to cut through cables and outers using anything other than these cutters, you'll just make a mess of the ends!!

Worth every penny as far as I'm concerned..
on 30 March 2013
I bought this to replace a cable cutter I bought in Homebase. This cutter is a high quality product that makes the job of trimming gear and brake cables easy. Despite the fact that it is relatively expensive I thought it was well worth the price.
on 21 March 2015
ok quite useful. Specialist tool on,ly used on one bike so far.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse