on 8 October 2017
I bought this lock along with it's bigger brother (the New york M18-WL) to secure my electric bike as safe as possible. To be honest I have to say that this lock is a little smaller than I thought it would be. it just fits around my wheel and then the frame of the bike. i couldn't use uit to secure the bike to a railing or similar. But for securing the motor wheel of the bike I couldn't think of anything better to be honest. I would reommend getting it big brother to enable you to secure the bike to an object as well.

The keys work perfectly and slide in and turn easily with no resistance at all. One of them has a little LED built in and that works too. The lock is surprising heavy for its size but you can easily see why it is Gold rated for security - You would never, easily, remove this by force. Even if you used an angle grinder you would have to cut both sides of the u bolt to remove it properly.

This lock will meet all insurance requirements.
on 24 April 2017
I bought this for my new bike, this lives on the top of my rear pannier rack, and is "hook and loop" fastened in place (kept it central as it weighs 2kg, not complaining, heavy duty lock = heavy). Really robust, it needs minimum maintenance, never had any issues with the lock itself. I find the rubberised coating great, as it stops it sliding around on my pannier, or rattling when on a ride.
One of the reasons I bought this was for the bike cover the manufacturers promise, however, I filled in the paperwork and sent it off and they never got back to me, otherwise it would have been a 5 star review. Still no problems as yet.
on 7 March 2014
I recently built an new road bike and as I live in an Area with quite a lot of theft on the bike department I did some research to try and find the best possible lock I could. However, remember that no bike lock is 100% safe as rotatory cuts can always be used to destroy it. It is very sturdy and as so very heavy, size is just perfect for a road bike and allows no space left for a car jack to be used. It is to small for my mountain bike however so be aware. Given the weight you probably want to leave it where you normally park
on 27 July 2017
Just the bees knees. Thread through rotating brake disc and alloy wheel spokes. Its not going anywhere.
As good as you are going to get and fit the £15 tracker and your made.
on 3 November 2016
Been using this for 2 years in central London and my bike hasn't been stolen. It's quite heavy but worth it!
on 15 August 2017
Kryptonite are renowned for having the best locks across the globe and rightly so. This one though is the absolute daddy of them, it might weigh a little more than the other D-locks but you know if you have this lock that your bike isn't going anywhere. Have a look on youtube at the test for breaking into this lock, it will make you want one.
on 17 September 2017
Much bigger and heavier than I expected, but you end getting used to its weight on your belt.
Feels really strong and very very well finished, top quality.
Only wish this level of security in a lighter equipment - not easy, that's for sure.
4 stars only for its weight.
on 6 August 2017
Far too heavy for a lightweight road bike but fits very well for a commuting hybrid bike. The best way to carry this (very heavy) little U-lock is in a back rack that has a slot in it designed to receive one.
on 3 September 2017
Super secure but heavy as the bike itself
on 2 July 2017
It is really heavy, but I bought it intentionally, my two bikes have been stolen in two months. Now, I am also trying to be very careful and this lock look like a good one for an improved security intention.