Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 November 2007
Their voices are very harmonious and their arrangements are perfectly simple. Their voices and songs remind me of Wilson Phillips, the Bangles and a little bit like B*Witched. Some of their songs have a country style to them and some may say that their songs sound dated. I think regardless of this, their voices are fantastic and a joy to listen to. 5 Stars from me.
on 15 February 2008
Wake Up Call is, by far the best known track on this album having not long been a top 5 hit single. But, it is not truly reflective of the rest of the album. They are beaitiful singers with soft warm voices that fit their group name. This is a lovely relaxed album and well worth a listen. My only worry is that they do sound too laid back and have leaned more towards country and this I feel could sideline them into a genre that will not see them thrive as I believe that they should. But hey! what the hell do I know go on give your ears a treat and buy this you will not regret it.
on 26 March 2008
Interestingly theres a DVD called WAKE UP CALL:Saving the Songbirds.
Must prove something-maybe this sort of thing is going to save the idea of what used to be pop music!
This CD can only be obtained now from HMV's website but that's not the only odd thing here.Charity shops are full of Atomic Kittens,Girls Aloud,Spice Girls yet this one is never seen.
With a beautiful sleeve which shows a trio of petticoat girls this is their only CD and is bound to be a future collectors item as it slots in comportably with 60s country music
on 8 October 2011
Bought a used copy based on the reviews here. My instant thought was that you could put Wilson Phillips on the title and few would know it wasn't. The harmonies and style are practically WP clones. On the plus side, it's well produced and I'm sure it will sound great on my hifi, but, to date, it's only been through the car system. My major gripe is the banal day/say/way type rhyming. Simplistic lyrics, beautifully sung make for difficult listening and I was almost expecting the next track to be about lollipops and rainbows. If you like songs to sound like fluffy kittens you may enjoy this. If there are such things as ChickLit and ChickFliks, then this is certainly ChickLyrics. A CD for a single girl to play loudly while warming up a M&S meal-for-one in a lonely flat. It may grow on me, but I have my doubts. My summary: Beautiful voices, somewhat wasted.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 March 2008
This debut CD is fantastic. It is very easy listening and all 3 girls have lovely voices that, while different, blend together beautifully. I just can't stop listening to it - best CD I've bought for ages. Try it and you won't be disappointed.
on 15 June 2009
Easy Listening, all tracks are enjoyable to listen to. The voices of these girls are amazing. Never heard of them before unitl I heard their CD playing in the back ground whilst having a manicure...then just had to buy it.
on 12 February 2008
I really enjoyed this album. I listen to this on the way to work to put in the calm warm place and on the way home to make me happy.

Great stuff. Can't wait for their second album.
on 4 February 2009
Really enjoyed this find it very easy listening and relaxing. I only bought it for one sone but found that I like all of them.
on 12 February 2008
Such a joy to listen too. Vocals are simply excellent and this is what shines through. Certainly happy with my purchase.
on 26 January 2011
Songbirds - Wake Up Call (Liberty)
An album of sweet country pop songs from the Songbirds. The arrangements are kept simple - piano, acoustic guitars and a brushed drum - and the vocal harmonies rich and sumptuous. Cutting edge it ain't, though who wants cutting edge on a summery Sunday morning. Pure, thoroughly retro sunshine pop, for those days when nothing else will quite do. 9/10.