on 19 December 2015
Great book and extremely informative. For several weeks now I have been researching OBE techniques, hoping to be able to produce one myself. I have been all over William's website, reading up on his experiences and other people's, trying on techniques etc., and this morning at 04:30 I had my first ever OBE, which was awesome! So now I want to take it even further, and keep on exploring! Thank you William for writing about your experiences and facilitating my own.
on 13 April 2017
I found the subject very interesting.
on 17 May 2017
The best quite simply! written in a clear easy to follow manner
on 4 May 2017
Half way through it and finding it very interesting...
on 8 May 2015
Worth it
on 2 June 2000
The Out-of-Body-Experience is something that must be experienced first hand to be truly believed. We can climb one mountain and from it know, in a small but significant way, what it must be like to conquer Denali, K2, or Everest. We can watch a documentary or read a book and get a "feel" for what such an adventure is like. It's not so for OBEs. You gotta be there. BUT... if there is one book that brings you right to the threshold of this experience its this one. William Buhlman recounts his own countless explorations in minute detail from his first attempt to leave this plain. Everything from simple walking around the room to going deep inside your own "self" to exploring the vast expanses of a multi-dimensional universe. Most refreshing is that the book is done from the scientific point of view while never for a moment leaving out the wonder and awe that is an OBE. And while the subject is inherently "metaphysical" Buhlman strives to keep the discussion in the realm of conventional science, steering clear of the occult. From particle physics to the joy of flying, nothing is left out. Quantum physics is just now starting to discover the true nature of the universe and our own existence. After reading Buhlman's book you'll be ready prove these things beyond any doubt in your mind. You'll be Newton and Columbus, Albert Einstein and Neil Armstrong. This book is for anyone remotely interested in the subject and is a must to give to the skeptical.
on 8 May 2000
Being interested in the occult, life after death and related matters for years, and after wasting much time (and money) on at least a dozen other books about OOBE's, I finally found this brilliant work. Buhlman's descriptions are so easy to read....I felt as if one of my friends was sitting there teaching the subject to me, totally unlike many of the other pretentious, self-absorbed works that are available.
You don't have to read the entire book to know that Buhlman is correct. Many of the initial phases of an OOBE will be so familiar to experiences that most people have already had that your doubts will be quickly dispelled.
I cannot speak too highly of this book, and I can guarantee you that, if you follow the methods listed, this book will have a more profound effect upon you than anything else you've ever read.
on 13 June 2000
on 19 December 1999
on 7 July 2013
A very thorough, yet at the same time very down-to-earth and practical book. It both explains the out-of-body phenomena and gives all kinds of guidelines to explore it for yourself. I do believe, as Buhlman says, that this is the next step in our human evolution. One that we can bring about ourselves!