VINE VOICEon 1 February 2017
I've been suffering rash and itch on my chin for some while now - I have assumed that I have been developing a bit of an intolerance to certain ingredients in shaving products, and certainly some are much more problematic than others. Having tried a few other Weleda products and seeing that they use natural ingredients I thought I'd give this a go.

The ingredients list is not quite so natural as some of those other products. Surprisingly it doesn't mention lavender, of which the smell is fairly overpowering when the cream is first squeezed out the tube. I suppose this comes under the generic "parfum" ingredient listed. It's a little surprising perhaps that it is so scented for what is presumably intended as a male grooming product. Also it should be noted that it quite bizarrely includes goat milk, so it's not suitable for vegans.

The cream looks really quite thick when first squeezed out, coming out like a worm rather than a liquid blob, but it is quite soft and oily, spreading easily, and only a small amount is required to cover and lubricate the shaving area, just as well given the premium pricing of this product. It gives a very smooth glide of the razor over the skin.

It's less irritating on the skin than other products I have been using recently, though I can't say that the problem has gone away entirely. It's leading me to suspect that part of the problem at least lies in a change in the lubricating strips on the Gilette Mach 3 blades (which have changed visibly in appearance in recent times), as it has been the only constant between trying various different face washes, shaving creams & oils, and moisturisers.

EDIT: After using this cream a few more times the shaving irritation is going away, so there must have been some residual irritation from the previous products even when I started using this. Bumping up from 4 to 5 stars.
on 28 October 2016
very expensive for what it is . i thought it was natural but it has alcohol and other non natural ingredients. The smell is off putting - almost a chemical smell. not nice at all - will not be buying again.
3 people found this helpful
on 27 January 2017
Great stuff.
Was a bit sceptical as always had shaving soap before.
This has doubled the life of my razors.
Don't use too much.

For a few millimetre beard, use about 4 or 5cm.
Make sure you mix it with the brush for at least 45 seconds (as with all soaps) and you'll see a big difference in function.
Goes a long way.
For daily shave, a couple of peas.
on 21 July 2017
Best 100% natural shave cream on the market. I tried using Shave Soap but had skin irritations (Fungal etc). At least 95% of the competition claim to be 100% natural and organic, but are certainly not. Amazing how they seem to slip in nasty ingredients such as Sodium Benzoate/Benzoate Alcohol that has been clinically proven by the University of Texas to be a major contributor to Cancer.
on 3 February 2018
- always loved WELEDA products, kind to your skin, and kind to the planet.
- this is my favourite shaving cream, feels really good to shave with, and i always feel safe to buy WELEDA
- and much cheaper + faster to buy online with AMAZON

thank you!
VINE VOICEon 20 December 2013
I have very sensitive skin and shaving can be a very painful experience. I have used a variety of products to try and make wet shaving less of a nightmare....products range from Lab Series to Gillette. This product which costs a fraction compared to the top brands is fantastic. A small amount gives the most incredible protection, whilst ensuring a very close shave. I will be buying this again.

Highly recommended.
2 people found this helpful
on 23 August 2014
i have used other Weleda products and this as with the others didn't fail to impress! its a great product. easy to put on and provides a nice prep for your shave, making it easy for your razor to glide over the hair and produce a rash free, pain free close shave. felt very nice on the skin and left it leaving nice and clean feeling without the dry feeling you get from other brands. skin felt smooth and didn't have some of the redness other products may leave. very satisfied customer! will continue using this as part of my shaving routine. even the wife has started to steal it from my shelf to use for herself....and she said its great too and better than her female products! high praise indeed.
on 12 May 2016
My husband has delicate skin and this is by far the best shaving cream he used. It's so gentle to the skin and smells so lovely! Seems to last a long time too. Definitely a great buy!
on 19 March 2014
It takes a bit of getting used to. Particularly if you are expecting something that is going to lather. The trick is to apply very thinly to wet face and after one pass of the blade to wipe off the excess cream with the tip of your finger. Otherwise the residual cream on the shaver prevents contact of the blades with the skin. I went for this cream to avoid parabens.
on 10 December 2016
This is the best shaving cream I have ever used. It's got a nice smell that is not too intense, it feels great on the face and doesn't leave your skin feel dry after you're done and most importantly the blade is gliding easily on the skin. I shave 2-3 times a week and it lasts for about 3 months.
I have been using this cream for more than two years now and I will definitely stick with it.