on 20 May 2017
I suffer from extremely dry skin, and the skin on my face is awful. It gets so dry it cracks and then I get spots, awful! This cream has made a real difference. It is very thick, like an ointment, not something you would usually dream of using on your face. I mix it with Vitamin E oil which makes it easier to rub in. Also the massaging action helps with circulation. I use it on other dry patches and it is a very kind cream. Those of you with extremely dry skin will know that some moisturisers actually sting quite a lot when applied, but this doesn't do that. Being an ointment type cream, it gives you a protective layer for much longer than creams that are quickly absorbed. I would recommend this, and as someone who suffers from spots, I can say for me anyway that it has reduced this problem using it on my face which sounds contrary I know!
8 people found this helpful
on 22 July 2017
I have always had combination skin with very dry, flaky, itchy areas around my cheeks, nose and brows. This has become worse since having babies (thank you, hormones). I've tried loads of creams, lotions, oils including others from Weleda. I don't know why it took me so long to try this one, but I'm so glad I finally did. It's very thick & rich, but doesn't just sit on top of my skin in a greasy slick like many others. Because of it's lovely texture it's easy to apply in targeted areas; great if you have combination skin. It feels very gentle, as you'd expect of weleda, but it's already had a big effect after only a few days. It also smells absolutely lovely; like lemons and oranges, but not at all strong or overpowering. I'm using this in combination with Ultrabland cleanser from Lush (which I also highly recommend) and so far they seem to be an excellent routine for my skin.
5 people found this helpful
on 24 November 2017
I'm in love with this stuff. I get seasonal redness/dry skin under my nose every winter. I'm getting married in January and have been desperately looking for the right cream to help clear my redness for weeks. A makeup artist friend recommended this to me. I mix a little each morning with my regular daily moisturizer, and in TWO DAYS my rash was gone. It smells amazing too. Very happy!
4 people found this helpful
on 16 March 2017
This product is the ONLY lotion I use on my face. I used it for the first time in New Mexico because my face was so dry from the dust and wind. Since then, I take it with me everywhere I go, and I receive so many compliments! It gets rid of my wrinkles better than prescription retinol! You can use it under eyes and on dry patches, or all over if you've got very dry skin like I have. No more issues since I've used it. And I'm extremely sensitive as well. No hives or rashes with this product.
5 people found this helpful
on 1 June 2017
I was recommended this as nothing else I've tried, and boy have I tried a lot of products, have worked to stop the skin on my hands from splitting, bleeding and generally being awfully painful. I work with my hands and am in and out of water a lot and within a few days of using this my hands are reborn and like new.

Best thing I've ever bought for my skin.
4 people found this helpful
on 11 April 2018
Having read previous reviews I was aware of previous users comments about the 'aroma'. It is initially quite strong but not unpleasant and very similar to the botanicals/herbs used in some cosmetics and creams like 8 hour cream. Even so it is extremely effective in dealing with damaged/overdry skin.My husband had a plaster cast on for 8 weeks and needed intensive skin hydration after the scar on his leg had healed.Regular use of Weleda Skin Food has restored the elasticity and helped to moisturise the skin on his leg and feet.
2 people found this helpful
on 24 June 2017
I utterly adore this cream as does my husband, both of us have very dry skin and he has used this on his face at night before bed and he loves the smell and has helped his skin. I have used it on my face, hands, nails, lips, elbows - perfect. Great price.
3 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 12 July 2017
Size: 75ml|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
My hands often get quite dry and this cream, or *ugh* "skin food", is pretty good. I like Welleda products in general and this hasn't been a disappointment. The tube is a weird plastic-but-not-plastic and I find it easier to get to the dregs towards the end of cream. This lasted me something like two month's of regular usage.
One person found this helpful
on 28 February 2018
Incredibly for rough, winter feet! I put this on my hands and feet at night (the cat isn't too fond of the smell, I rather like it) and by morning they're good as new. A must have in the bathroom cabinet for European winters. This is thicker than I was expecting, so I tend to dab it directly onto hands/feet/elbows and leaves a slightly sticky residue, hence using it at night.
on 11 May 2017
I adore this rich cream. Its a welcome drink for dehydrated skin. Particularly if you have the central-heating on as much as I do. Excellent hand-cream. I even use it on my face in the winter- I usually use Forever Deep moisturising cream but sometimes my skin needs an extra greasy treat
One person found this helpful