Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 11 October 2009
This game has been great fun for the entire family. I have three kids 3, 4 and 14 and they all enjoy it along with my husband.
Its great for counting and learning to recognize numbers.
We all enjoy the fun and excitement of going up the ladders and down the snakes. The plastic mat is very brightly illustrated and appears to be very durable. Rather than the the normal board which eventually tears.
My kids also love the characters on the playing pieces as well as the big dice for their little hands.
All in all an excellent educational and durable product.
on 30 December 2010
Despite the fact we played with this item lots over Christmas with all the family, this product is quite dissappointing overall. The idea of giant snakes and ladders is great, especially to get young ones into playing games and anything that involves counting, taking turns and winning/losing etc is of course educational, which is why I bought this for my 3.5 year old for Christmas. The idea is great, however the product was not very well thought through and therefore not very durable or user friendly - the mat (board) is made from very lightweight plastic which is folded up in the box, therefore when you get it out to play because it is so lightweight it will not lay flat on the floor, and the creases remain in the plastic, making a totally uneven surface to play on. Also, the dice is made from spongey foam type material which it turns out is totally irresistable to bite chunks out of by a 3 year old so we are now left with a dice in the shape of a ball with most dots missing!
Such a shame this product wasn't executed better as I love the idea, in my opinion this game is way over priced for what you get.
on 19 January 2010
I expected it to be more like a traditional board game however it is a plastic mat, but my daughter enjoys playing it, the numbers are a good size for reading and the chunky plastic counters are easy to handle
on 3 March 2008
Our 4 year old is growing out of Peppa Pig but we liked the idea so decided to pick this up at Christmas to play together. It took him a while to understand the game of snakes and ladders but now he plays it on his own or with us. Big dice is great, helps with his counting, the board is a platic mat, very durable. Great fun, would highly recommend.
on 26 May 2009
Bought this for my 3 year old daughter who is an avid Pepa Pig fan, she loves it. The mat is made of durable plastic and is a great size, not too big and not too small. The counters and dice are of a good size for little hands. Everyone knows the game as we all played it as children but I do think it helps with number counting and encourages them to think a little more, would recommend it.
on 10 December 2009
Bought for my 3 year old daughter who loves peppa pig. The counters are big and the dice so she has no trouble moving them and counting the numbers when rolled dice. It has really helped with learning to take turns, counting and sharing. A brilliant product.
on 25 September 2009
Have had great fun playing this game with my young niece.
It's nice to teach her a classic game and she loves landing on the ladders and snakes.
The big board and pieces make it less fiddly for small hands
on 3 January 2010
I got this for my 3 year old son and he loves it. The pieces are a great size for little hands and the dice is also a great size. My son has played the game loads in a very short time. Definately recommended for small people.
on 5 May 2011
She loves Peppa Pig and is learning to count so when I saw this I thought "just the thing". The description said "playmat" but in fact this is a sheet of thin plastic imprinted with a Peppa Pig snakes & ladders design. The playmat had been folded 8 times to get it into the presentation box and because of this would not lay flat. I did consider ironing it but decided against this just in case the design was damaged. Even sandwiching it under constant pressure for several days had little impact. Apart from that, the mat is so insubstantial that any significant draught or rough and tumble is likely to disturb it. For those who want this be prepared to make a backing of corrugated plastic or similar so you can play on a substantial board.

Sorry Amazon, but there's no substitute for tactile buying, in which case I wouldn't have given it a second look.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 August 2016
My daughter absolutely loves this giant snakes and ladders board and so do we. This is ideal as a first snakes and ladders set. The board is large with bright colours and lots of character images. The counters and dice are very large and are ideal for small hands to manipulate- which was one of our reasons for buying a giant set. We have been using snakes and ladders as a way of practicing counting- the large clearly defined squares make this ideal for practicing.

We really enjoying using and playing with this set- the board easily wipes clean-which is always handy where young children are concerned. It also means it can be taken outdoors which is quite nice on a warm summers day. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.