on 28 December 2010
This replaces a Braun processor that I have had, and much used, for over twenty years. The plastic was becoming brittle and many of the components therefore unusable.

This is every bit as good as the one it replaces. It is easy to use, powerful and flexible. I like the continuously variable speed. I was surprised that it is not available in this country, but the import from Germany through Amazon was quick and efficient.

This is not a toy machine. It really does a professional job at a very sensible price. Highly recommended.
33 Comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 September 2011
I did a fair amount of research before choosing to buy thhis food processor. I spent a lot of time reading customer reviews on a lot of different models. This kept standing out as one of the best of its type.

Since its arrival I have used it to make pastry, grate parmesan cheese, and it was an essential item when I prepared my 4 course dinner party for 7 people.

It has performed brilliantly and I simply adore it.

I was surprised by how little it weighed but this does not reflect on its performance. It just makes it simple and easy to lift it out of the cupboard I store it in, and means I get it out even for the really simple jobs. This ultimately means it is not an appliance gathering dust in the back of a cupboard.

Would recommend this to any cook no matter what level of experience. It will truly make your life so much easier.
on 3 August 2009
I first got a Braun donkey's years ago. Finally it got fed up and died so my daughter replaced it with this as she knew I didn't want any other make. I've got arthritis so can't mix cakes easily and I never could crumb 1lb of flour and a block of butter in a few minutes anyway, as that's the first step in the recipe I have to make, on average, 40 times a year! I also have to do a lot of coffee cakes, as they're getting harder and harder to find, especially if you like to taste the coffee, so my braun does earn it's keep, to put it mildly. I hardly use the assorted chopping attachments, but I have found they're very good if I've a load of things to chop, for a soup or something. They cut the preparation time down to a few minutes and, of course, no chopped fingers! I also find this a very safe item to use, as it won't go if the lids not properly on, so it would be a very clever child who managed to cut themselves. It also says it will clean easily and yes, it does. I have sloshed it in hot water to get the remains of butter cream icing off and it's no problem. I tend to use plain water to get most of the dregs off, then a soapy water to clean it properly, then, when my baking session's over, it goes in the dishwasher for the final clean. It's definitely made to last and will be good value when you look back. Also, if the bowl gets broken or the blade damaged, spares can be found. Don't know how much they cost, as I've not needed any, which is amazing when you think that my machine probably gets more use than in a professional kitchen.
on 9 July 2011
Having grown up with a Braun food processor, I went the extra mile to find a way of getting a Braun as well. Looked at Kenwood, magimix, etc. but none appealed given the positive experiences from before (parents have had the same Braun food processor for about 20 years now).

The machine is nice and compact, which is quite good given that I have a small kitchen. The lack of size however does not affect its performance - lots of speed settings and lots of different cutting blades to go with it (yes the machine came with all of the accessories). There are actually so many blades that I am struggling to find a place to store all of them in my small kitchen. I nonetheless tend to use the standard cutting blade, as I bought it mainly for making soups (which can vary in consistency) and for making baking doughs and batter. All of which are easily handled.

All in all the machine is easy to use, performs as I would expect a Braun food processor to perform (ie: very good), easy to clean and seems to have a sturdy build. It is absolutely beyond my comprehension why Braun have stopped making and selling units of this kind - they are simply legendary.
on 16 September 2009
Our previous Braun food processor reached the end of its usefull life after over 20 years so we wanted another. This machine has a continuously variable speed knob with a pulse button and is considerably less noisy than the previous one. The bowl also holds more and there is less of a gap between the knife and the bottom of the bowl. There are plenty of attachments. It does take up more space in the cupboard that the previous one. You do pay for quality.
on 31 August 2013
I'm a little tardy with this review but two and a half years daily use and never a complaint. Does everything a Magimix does, albeit in slightly smaller quantities (500gm bread dough for example), and does it equally well - and we did have a magimix some years ago so no idle boast! It chops, grates, slices, mixes and kneads quietly and efficiently, what more do you want? If you buy one, have a good search in the packing for the UK mains adapter, we nearly threw ours away as it's well hidden and I suspect some users actually have!
on 7 October 2009
Very good looks and performance. Easy to understand and operate
Royal Mail charged me UK customs and UK delivery, but the sellers refunded me.
What a pity Amazon forgot to tell me I needed a USA/UK plug adaptor, but I had figured that out.
on 12 April 2013
Like most other reviewers, bought this to replace a 25 yr old Braun model, which finally broke. Has new extras, like the whipping blade, lots more variety in speeds, etc. Can't say how it compares with others on market, but certainly the new model is a joy to use. Very speedy delivery, ordered end of week, arrived following Tuesday.
on 27 April 2013
When I started to use this machine the lid keeps clicking open, with the vibration of the motor, when the machine is turned on, even after I have clicked it shut properly. To grate cheese is a laugh. I push the plunger very lightly on the cheese and the motor winds down so it almost dies. the cheese is smeared around the top and under the blades, and this is with cheddar cheese. I have had a much loved Braun multipractic 280 food processor for years and it was a much better quality, and more robustly made. I used it with confidence that nothing was going to break. Eventually, after many years, the shaft had got damaged in an accident and the machine wouldn't work any more, hence, my buying a new one. I was so disappointed at this flimsy replacement. The feel of the machine is very lightweight and the bowl and lid are a very cheap quality. I am waiting to send it back. If all the new Braun processors are like this, then I don't want to know.
on 27 February 2013
When I tried out the processor with the main blade after receiving it a couple of weeks ago, I was very pleased - it was quieter, easy to assemble and good looking on the worktop. Now,having used the slicer/shredder for the first time since purchase, it failed to do this job satisfactorily and the motor keeps running, the cutter insert ring turning round but nothing gets shredded or sliced, have tried all the blades with various food products and observing the correct speed. I ordered this machine, firstly knowing Braun food processors well having used them before and secondly all the 5* reviews. I trusted these reviewers , may be I am probably the unlucky one with one of the rouge machines. It was supplied by Foto- Kester in Germany and I have asked them to take this machine back. I have not tried out dough hook or whipping attachment so cannot comment. Foto-Koester has been very courteous, helpful and accomodating in this matter.