Colour Name: Brown|Change

on 29 November 2010
I bought this product to go on the edge of one of our armchairs which our cats have been using as a scratching post. It covered up the damage done and also looks smart. Even though it is designed to go on a wall, this product was fairly easy to attach to the chair (with a couple of well places nails) and the cats now queue up to use it, it's a perfecr height for them and very durable, plus it came with a bag of cat nip to encourage them to use it which drove them WILD with excitement. I can recommend this to anyone with a cat that likes to trim its claws on things it shouldn't.
on 30 November 2010
Bought this because the cat had chosen my stair wall as his favorite place to scratch.
He adores it! can get his claws right in to the post and it covers the mess he made of my wall.
Only problem I have with the product is it only comes with two screws, for the top. I had to put another
two in the bottom because he didn't like it when it moved.
Once I had added screws...He loves it and my wall looks much better!!!!
on 7 January 2010
One of our 2 cats had taken to scratching 2 corners of the wall and ignoring his scratching post. We have got this and it is great!! I've sprayed some catnip onto it and my cats just love it. I'm thinking of getting a few more for other walls upstairs
on 4 December 2012
This scratching board is only secured by two screws at the top so it tends to flap about a bit. As I'd read other reviews before purchasing it I was aware that I may need additional fixings. Rest assured that you will. The board itself is well constructed and solid enough. I fixed it to my wall, gave it a couple of sprays of Kong Catnip (not included - bought separately) and off we went! The kittens seem to like it and I've witnessed them using it without prompting, so all well and good. Why i've marked it down slightly is that it does wobble around without additional screws to fix the bottom corners, so you will have to invest in some more fixings which are appropriate for your wall...and the catnip supplied is worst than useless! There's no way that herb catnip will stay on this board when it's fixed upright! You really need to purchase a catnip spray to encourage your cats to use it.

EDIT: 22nd December 2012 - the 'fixings' for the corner scratching board have ripped and it is hanging off the wall. Now pretty much useless. I thought when I purchased it that it would last longer than two months but clearly my expectations were too high.
on 13 November 2013
Initially these looked wonderful, my cats loved them, this was however until my cats paw got caught on a massive staple jutting out of the scratchy twine part - thought this may have been from the packing but on further investigation it's part of the post itself as it's half imbedded :-( really poor form and will not be using either of these again - would appreciate a response
on 12 January 2013
This is the first scratching board I bought and must say that subsequent purchases (from Lidl) have been much better than this one.

As other people have pointed out, it only has fixings at the top of the board so it just waves about when touched. This puts the cat off and no amount of the supplied catnip has encouraged him to come back to it. I have since drilled through the bottom pieces of wood (which caused the felt covering to come off so I had to staple it back on) and fixed it at the bottom as well.

The only good thing about this item is that it covers the damage already done to the wall paper by our cat.
on 30 December 2012
This has been a great purchase as we had recently had the hall, stairs and landing professionally decorated, but one of our two cats (i know it was you Marley!) started scratching the wallpaper on the corners so now that the pads are in situ the cats use them all the time and leave our lovely new wallpaper alone!
on 21 January 2014
I caught my cat clawing at the wall paper next to the front door, which made it look really tatty, even though there's a perfectly good tall sturdy scratching post only 1metre away (grrr). There was just something about this wall that would only do for princess puss, so I fixed up the wall by gluing bits back and a repainting it, then screwed this product to the adjacent wall and she loves it. My cats happy and my wall paper remains unscratched.

N.B. Only comes with 2 screws but I used 4 (one in each corner) to really fix it well.
on 10 January 2015
The cats are using it so that is a definate help. I still occassionally catch them at the sofa arms but a call out and point to this one and they usually get the hint, I was using some spray on catnip at first which definately helped attract them. As some one else said the screws that come with them aren't any good. You'll need bigger screws and pop one through the bottom as well to stop it swinging about. I might get another one to put above it as they seem to enjoy climbing it.
on 12 June 2015
My cat keeps thrashing the corner of the bed and ruining the wood so needed something with cornering such as this. Came with some tiny nails (probably use something more robust should I have wished to hammer it in) but lashed it to the side of my boat and let the cat attack it at his whim. Seems to do the job, and the cat is as angry as ever so win win. May buy again for the other corner but seems to favour just the one side.

Conclusion, would buy again if my cat chooses to be ambidextrous.