Customer reviews

TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 4 January 2010
I bought this for my little boy, but my wife pointed out that he is only 4 months old and not likely to appreciate it for some time - so I selflessly offered to put it all together myself (and have a quick play!).

I am absolutely impressed with this. It took me just over an hour to put together and the instructions were very clear. Where several pieces go together to form an item which needs attaching, it is detailed in the instruction booklet. The booklet uses colour highlights to point out exactly where the piece is to be attached and I managed to construct the entire thing without making a mistake (which for me is quite an accomplishment!).

At first this looks like a jumbled mess but after a while you can see the Formula 1 car taking shape and you feel genuinely quite proud when it is complete. This is Fernando Alonso's 2007 car, it's a shame it wasn't Lewis' 2008 McLaren - but that's just my personal preference!

The pieces left over are then used to make the pit unit, and together with the car (which is pretty large) you have a very nice playset.

Attaching the stickers is the trickiest part and mine are a bit cock-eyed, but that's my own fault for rushing and wanting to do it in a dimly lit room!

In a nutshell: This is aimed at ages 6+ but I think that a 6 year old would struggle to assemble the car. That's not a problem though as I suspect that there are many dads out there who would love to recapture their childhoods and make it themselves (or at least assist!) - and at the end of it you have a toy set which has great play value and can fit back in the box for safekeeping (the Pit station swivels and can lay practically flat.) You probably won't want to keep it in the box though as it looks very impressive and deserves to be kept on display.
review image review image review image
on 19 February 2009
Quite tricky to put together. One of the wheel axels snapped on assembly which was fortunately glueable. Emailed Mega Bloks to ask for a replacment but have had no response. Wouldn't buy this type of toy again.
on 30 April 2010
Bought this as one of the presents for my son's 9th birthday. He loved it. We had great fun making it together - which didn't take too long. The detail is very good in deed and it now takes pride of place amongst his car collection. Strong enough to have hours of fun playing with once made too.
on 22 February 2009
Bought as a gift for my husband. He was delighted with product and it kept him busy for many hours putting it together. The end product is excellent quality.
on 19 September 2013
Very good quality bricks, a lot of details, with everything you can find in a pitstop. Perfect for F1 and bricks fans.