4,889
Size: 48 Servings|Style Name: Lungo|Change

Our Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine is in daily use by our family of four and consequently we get through a lot of pods. If I buy these at the supermarket I tend to just get one pack at a time as they are bulky and I often need to restock on different flavours. But just one box at a time means we usually run out before I do another shop. Buying these online reduces that problem as these are supplied as a set of three packs, 24 drinks in total. I know I could just buy three packs at the shop but when you have bags and bags of groceries to carry anything that lightens that load is a benefit.

The chococino takes two pods rather than the standard one pod for most of the Dolce Gusto brands. One pod is the milk and the other the chocolate mix and although both pods are necessary to make a proper tasting chococino it does mean that you only get 8 drinks out of each box rather than the standard 16 that you get for the Americano, Lungo, Espresso etc.

When making your chococino you will need to experiment with the quantities of milk and coffee to start with. I prefer mine with only a small bit of milk and on the stronger side with the chocolate, my husband prefers it half and half.

The taste is excellent, it makes a lovely cup of rich, velvety chococino that can rival most of those that you can buy on the high street. The mixture does however have a slight sweetness to it and although I don't mind that my son who hates sugar in drinks finds this variety too sweet for his tastes.

If you love chococino it is worth giving these a go - sprinkle on some quality powdered chocolate and a bit of squirty whipped cream after making for an extra bit of luxury.
on 21 February 2014
I enjoy my coffee strong and black and the Grande Intenso is one of my favourites. I'm working my way through the range and I also like the Grande Caffe Crema and for a stronger after dinner tipple, the Espresso Barista or Espresso Intenso. My husband, who likes his coffee white and not so strong, likes the Americano. Amazon's prices can't be beaten and great service from them every time.
I have been to three large supermarkets in our local area and have never found these for sale so it has been great to be able to purchase them online.

We drink a lot of coffee in our household and since getting the Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine we have tried every variety going. Our favourites tend to be cappuccino for a bit of luxury, espresso after meals and this one for our mid morning and afternoon break.

The taste is full-bodied, rounded and smooth and every bit on par with a coffee purchased from a coffee shop (at far more expense). To be able to get such a lovely cup of coffee without having to leave your home is a real bonus.

It is also great to get so many pods together. If I buy pods at the supermarket I tend to just get one pack at a time as they are bulky and as there are often up to four people drinking coffee in our house we often run out of the pods before I do another shop. However this hasn't been such an issue with these as they came as a set of three packs, 48 drinks in total. I know I could just buy three packs at the shop but when you have bags and bags of groceries to carry anything that lightens that load is a benefit.

If you love a good cup of coffee then these are definitely worth trying.
on 25 April 2014
Highly recommended. In my opinion a superb cup of coffee, worthy of many a barista. My fiancee loves the aroma, even though she is not a coffee drinker. Delivered very quickly, my only criticism would be that the box it was delivered in was twice the size need, necessitating the space being filled with a substantial amount of brown paper as padding.
on 6 March 2014
If you want a special treat to drink this is it. What a rich drinking chocolate this is. Get good glasses and enjoy. There is a down side though. - You'll drink it and want more.. My Son and daughter bought me the Dolce Gusto but they're always drinking my chocolate. I'm beginning to think I need to hide the box when they visit. Guess what they're getting next Christmas?
on 1 February 2012
Tried this product this morning and was pleasantly surprised. The coffee was mild and aromatic and not at all sweet so it will please those who like their coffee as it comes. (I had to add sugar and extra milk to make it just right for my taste.)

The coffee pods produce a nice foam negating the need to froth milk in a separate container.

I would agree with others that the price per cappuccino is on the dear side BUT you can buy your coffee here cheaper than on the Dolce Gusto website because delivery is FREE. You could buy a box slightly cheaper at a supermarket (check prices at mysupermarket.com) but you would need to add it to your weekly shopping and what happens if you run out midweek? Order here, you get enough and you save yourself the hassle of going out to buy it.

I think the prices are driven by the technology used to create the pod, so not really the cost of the milk content. Even if they packaged water in the capsule, it would still cost them a bit to produce. However, I have found out that the capsules will do much more than suggested, so I can squeeze another small cup from them. Of course it all depends on your taste.

You can always buy the espresso pack which contains 16 capsules and then froth your own milk using a mini blender, an aeroccino, an aerolatte, a cocktail shaker - take your pick! That will bring the price down to a more reasonable level.

One note of warning though: do pierce the used capsules and empty them in the sink before disposing them because they will leak slowly in the bin and cause a mess when you take out the rubbish.

Hope you enjoy your frothy cappuccinos! :)
on 11 May 2014
This coffee is far better value than the Dolce coffees sold with milk. Unless you just like cappuccinos with frothy milk then these are for you - double the number of coffee capsules and add your own milk if needed!
on 31 October 2012
We have a Dolce Gusto Piccolo and have really enjoyed using it. It comes with a variety of coffee types to get you started and I have to say that Lungo was one of the last we tried, however it instantly became a favourite and it's the only one we buy now. I can't say that I'm a coffee expert and I don't even know what 'Lungo' means, but I know what I like and this stuff tastes as good as any filter coffee from Starbucks or anywhere else.

One capsule is good for an above average-sized mug, I find, so you only need one and there's no fussing around with second pods, which are less good value and don't really taste any better in my view.

Something we noticed quite early on is that it seems to be impossible to buy Gusto pods cheaper than the standard price *anywhere*. They all work out at 25p a cup, which I think is OK value for the tastiness of the drink, however if you want to save a few pence I'd recommend using Amazon's fine Subscribe and Save feature, which sends you a batch that works out at 21p a cup, nearly a 20% saving. What's cool is that you can skip months too, which is handy for me as I doubt I'll get through 48 cups a month!
on 7 July 2014
The best one ive tried.1.it has milk and coffee in 1 pod-no fiddling about . 2.it is quite strong so you can do a full mug.3.it tastes just like a top coffe shop would. 4.as the milk is built in the heat is better than if you add milk. only downside-its so nice i did 3 boxes in 2 weeks !
on 19 May 2015
Great value for money when bought in packs of three. I would rather be able to buy the skimmed milk pods on their own though so I can add the espresso (or a decaf espresso) of my choice. I've found the barista good in these as I Iike a bit more of a punch in latte - if I was having one in costa I order extra shot. I've found 100 milk pods available on www.thecoffeemarketltd.co.uk for £29.99 but this is still more pricey than buying them in dual packs. Dolce really need to start selling them separately on their own site for less.