on 9 June 2013
I love this watch- have had it 2 years. One of the strands has gone however but i wear it everyday and have dropped it often! I have mastered the clasp too. The battery has died recently- thought it would have lasted longer. I would buy this watch again tho as it goes with everything.
on 19 March 2010
This is a nice little watch, good for small wrists, BUT the strap is a bit delicate - the coloured strands which make up the watch bracelet seem to be prone to coming away from the fixings. I bought the watch to replace the one my daughter lost, but the first purchase didn't work, then the strap on the replacement came apart as soon as my daughter fastened it on her wrist. The strands are coloured plastic coated, and it seems that they are not always securely clamped by the fixings. The third watch appears to be fine, but I am saying that with baited breath as on looking at other reviews, people have had the same problem with the strap. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen with this one - my daughter will wear with care, it is certainly not a robust watch.
on 12 September 2010
I'm very fond of watches and Swatch is one of my favourite brands. When I first saw the 'Filamento Multicolore', I immediately fell in love with its design: colorful, fresh and very original. Before buying it, I read several reviews and most of them made me really concerned about the watch strap: 'the strips easily come off and it is a watch that is difficult to put on by yourself', they said. Despite these comments, I decided to buy it anyway. I've had this watch for almost a year. I haven't have any trouble with the strap: I find it easy to put on and none of the strips has come off yet (I live alone, so I have to do this by myself, and also, I'm a bit clumsy when it comes to chains and complex straps). It's not true that this watch is too small. I have small wrists, true, but I have to wear this watch loosely. Friends of mine with much bigger wrists have tried it and they find it comfortable. Finally, it's very light and the watch crystal seems to be unscratchable.
This is a humble review. I understand other people might have experienced problems with this product, but maybe it's because they are not being quite honest. Perhaps they actually broke the strips or are simply too clumsy. I recommend this watch to anyone who's looking something cool, original and trustable.
22 Comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 June 2011
This was a replacement for the same style watch that I bought over 4 years ago at the airport on my way to Goa! It proved to be a fantatsic buy and I wore it virtually everyday for work but after such heavy wear the strap was looking decidedly tatty (although still perfectly functional) so when I saw the same style was still available I decided to replace it. The fastening is a little tricky at first to fasten on your own but once you've got the knack it's quite easy to do (it helps when the strap has moulded to the shape of your wrist a bit as it tends to stay where you want it too whereas when it's new it tends to want to lay flat)
on 10 March 2013
I've had this watch over three years, never had an issue with the strap coming apart, the plastic coloured coating are coming off now, but nothing a new strap won't solve. Also have no problems doing it up, but my teeth hold the end of the chain bit to work as a third hand! It's had no end of compliments too, and has weathered all kinds of everyday abuse, as the scratches on the face show - but even these are only visible close up, which for someone as clumsy as me, is brilliant!
on 10 February 2009
Great stylish watch but they were right about that strap fastner. Definitely for the two person household.
on 30 April 2012
The watch looks lovely and is good for a fine wrist, but I would simply not have asked for it as my birthday present it if I'd realised what an utter pain it is to do up. It would be interesting to hear how Swatch envisages this. It is a very poor design. If you want it to fit fairly closely rather than hanging loose like a bangle, you have to be a bit of a contortionist and a third hand would be really useful! I almost never manage it first time. Such a pity...
on 11 September 2014
Had this watch since 2004 and just about to purchase my 3rd strap other than that it has been perfect.
on 2 May 2014
Didn't buy this watch from this website but from duty free four years ago, I am still wearing it, I wear it 24/7 had to replace the strap twice now, due to it looking shabby normal wear and tear, I have small wrists and I wear it loosely like a bracelet. I agree the strap is small but fortunately for me thats fine.
on 27 June 2014
Perfect gift for myself and also for anyone else. Delivery excellent too.