on 7 January 2011
It is one of the best masks ever,I suffer from bad migraines and have to be in total darkness to have some relief from the symptoms,this mask really works,in fact I've ordered two more for my wife and daughter,who also suffer from migraines,would recommend these masks to anyone who suffers from migraines.
It really does what it says on the packet,Well done.
Hugh Blair.
on 28 June 2011
I work shifts and need to sleep during the day. I'm easily woken by daylight and, after a fair bit of looking around, bought this mask. First off, it's just a fairly thick slab of flexible plastic with a "bandit mask" cut-out of a softish foam and stuck to the rear. The foam is of sufficient thickness that when worn the mask is lifted off your face, allowing you to keep your eyes open and blink should you want to.

On first fitting I found the cut-out around the bridge of my nose wasn't wide enough to sit comfortably without the hard, outer shell scratching it. Some very careful adjustment was made with sharp scissors. Also, I'm not a big guy but I find the mask not quite wide enough for the foam to fully clear the outer edges of my eyes. Not saying it sat directly on my eyes, it rests just on the more sensitive skin close to the eye. It might not seem much to worry about but when other stimuli are removed one tends to focus on such things. It's not quite a one-size-for-all. The Velcro strap is adjustable to suit almost any head size and is wide enough that, if you have it fairly tight, it won't dig in to you. Neither does it roll or fold over as you drag yourself over the pillow during your sleep.

There are drawbacks. After the first few uses, the outer shell changed from being a flat "plank" to something more like the rounded shape of my head but I found that the front plastic tends to cave inwards in the area of the eye cut outs leaving two distinct impressions and lessening the ability of the mask to stay away from your eyes. This could be the result of heat behind the mask. Some gentle manipulation puts this right until next time. The foam is quite soft and fairly well expanded to allow air to circulate without letting in light but I've found prolonged use in warm weather can leave me a little sweaty behind the mask. Not always but enough to comment on. Finally, some may suggest that the mask gets in the way if you lay on your side. Well, so do your ears but you just get used to it and adjust accordingly.

As well as home use, I often throw it in my bag to use at work. (Don't tell the boss!) So far, all this to-ing and fro-ing has done it no harm but I can see that eventually the foam might be loosened from the mask or it could be torn.

I would sometimes be prepared to pay £100's for an uninterrupted night's/day's sleep. Initially I thought this mask expensive but for the rest I've received as a result of it's use the cost is peanuts. I recommend this mask.
on 25 March 2012
This is my third mindfold, it will be my last. They've changed to a lower quality plastic for the front cover, and an ill-fitting foam. I guess it's a cost-saving measure. Now the front cover, after a few months' wear has caved into the eye sockets. But the fit was never good, the way the old ones fit. It's a shame they couldn't just stick with what worked so well before.
on 28 January 2011
This eyeshade might not be the most stylish
it might not be the cheapest but its not expensive
but so far as I am concerned its certainly one of the best
its foam back makes it comfortable to wear
and it blocks out all light
Like I said its one of the best
If they improved the strap that holds it on it would be the best
on 28 June 2011
After reading several existing customer reviews on Amazon, I was hoping for a fantastic eye mask to block out the early summer morning light. However, I was extremely disappointed with this product. It consists of a wedge of scratchy foam with eye holes cut into it, covered with a hard plastic cover. It does indeed block out all light, but is SO scratchy on the skin. Worse still, the mask is not at all breathable - after 5 minutes of wear, condensation started to form on the inside of the mask which would have dripped onto my eyes had I kept wearing it! Undoubtedly the worst (and most expensive) eye mask I have ever tried.
on 19 June 2011
not what i hoped for,used them for nap sitting up in a chair eyes sore and hot afterwards.
dislike outer layer couldn't use them as a sleep aid if you needed to sleep during the day.
yes they block the light out but as the outer layer is not materiel it has very little bend.
for me it was a waste of money. a real shame
on 6 April 2011
This blindfold is excellent. I've always had trouble with uncomfortablness of blindfolds with them pressing on my eyes, making me hot and generally not feeling great but I still try to use them for either sleeping in the day or for headaches & migraines so it's been catch 22 really. Now though there is this Mindfold and it's great. Complete darkness with no light creeping through from around your nose, no pressure on your eyes at all & so comfortable that you can almost forget your wearing it. I highly recommend this for anyone who wants one and am very happy that I got mine.
on 28 June 2011
I didn't understand that this object is made by a black plastic layer with synthetic foam around the eyes (check second picture). No fabric. Perspiration occurs only through the side foam.
As for the rest everything is OK: Velcro strap works fine, it is confortable (it's even good enough for side sleeping in my opinion), and blocks very effectively light.
The best point is certainly that nothing presses your eyes.
Using the same principles they could have done this with breathable fabric and just a minimal plastic frame, what a pity!
VINE VOICEon 4 February 2012
Having tried vainly to buy another of my favourite Samsonite masks, I figured I'd give this one a go, and perhaps it's the comparison that's proving somewhat detrimental for me.

I really wasn't overly keen on the plasticky bulky front piece although can certainly appreciate everything else about it. It's well made in that while the plastic front is quite rigid it never comes in contact with your face at any point no matter what way you sleep so you're in no danger of being hurt by it.

The cushioned holes at the back make it extremely comfortable although I struggled to think of when exactly you would want to sleep with your eyes open. But it would work for any women who want to wear false eyelashes overnight or something maybe :). Certainly it does black out more light than most, although it didn't do so fully for me. I also struggled with getting it to stay on without over-tightening the straps which then made it very uncomfortable as it would keep hurting my ears - but I do have a small head circumference.

So I'd certainly have no problem recommending it to others but I think I'm just going to try a thinner style one again instead.
on 14 January 2014
Looks quite cheap at first but is more robust than you think. Blocks out all light no problem. Can be a bit of a dirt magnet and I have not tried washing it yet. I recommend you put it in a bag or box when not in use .I use it for sleeping in a conservatory.