on 16 November 2011
These are made of a stretchy polyester fabric, which is lined at the front, which makes them feel tough and durable not thin and skimpy. I bought waist 28"/70cm for my 12 year old (slim) boy. When I measure them without stretching the fabric, round the waist they are 24"/60cm, but do stretch bigger, thus giving a smooth fit.

The sizing in the label reads, GB 70cms/28" and for the other countries,
F 11/12, D 140 I 11/12 Aus boy 10 height 140cm.
They also have a drawstring which goes right round the waist so can easily be pull tighter if they are too big. Wash at 30 degrees and don't tumble dry and you're done. excellent Just what any boy needs.

Happy swimming!
on 24 October 2011
I bought these for my son and they are excellent quality and a nice comfy fit. The 30" was too large and I exchanged for 28" which are perfect. He is a large, tall 8 year old! I would thoroughly recommend these trunks.
While the shorts are probably reasonable quality, the sizing we ordered 26" was a tad over optimistic. 26" (inches?) is wrong as they are only 60cm at the waist which is actually printed on the small label.

26"= 66cm so they fall short by 6cm. Unfortunately on the GB bit of the label it says 8yrs/26 but inches are not mentioned. On the AUS part of the label it states 60cm, this is correct.
Obviously a conversation problem from Imperial into Metric.
on 2 April 2014
Ordered for 8 year old, slim build, as his baggy knee length Spiderman swim shorts were not appropriate for his swimming classes. He loves them and they fit well (approx 54 cm waist). Quick delivery too.
on 28 February 2015
Don't be fooled by the sizing information - it is completely inaccurate. These are advertised as 24", but the waist measured less than 20". You'd be better off going to a shop to buy them when you can see the actual size.
on 20 January 2012
These shorts fit my slim six and a half year old very nicely and haven't gone all saggy at all so far, they're well built and he definitely likes them, I'd highly recommend so far
on 13 October 2013
Bought these because they are chlorine resistant. My sons go swimming at least twice a week and previous trunks kept perishing after a few weeks' use. These have lasted a year and I'm buying a new pair in the next size up. Great price too. Very happy
on 20 October 2011
They are great quality but unfortunately the waist fits perfect but are too small around the legs so no use. You will probably need to go up a size or 2 to get the perfect fit but they are worth the money.
on 10 October 2013
So far, so good. Time will tell whether I can recommend them without reservations. As this is an endurance product, I hope it lasts for a long time.
on 9 February 2013
nice shape and fabric for school uniform, these were better than on our list. cord for very thin kids. sizing was good for my skinny boy.