Customer reviews

Price:£19.57+ Free shipping

on 13 June 2017
Very good
on 30 December 2008
If you have ever played Cooking Mama on the DS. Then stick with that. On the wii, the game has very poor graphics as well as the controls are much more harder to use. This game has an age rating of 3+, I don't think that is correct, most children I know ages 5 and over have struggled playing this game. It should perhaps be rated as 12+.

My advice would be to buy a DS and Cooking Mama 1 and 2.
on 26 June 2012
That's the most I have to say. This was another game I was really excited to get but am a little disappointed by it. I had originally played the cooking mama game on the nintendo DS and heard good things about the wii version so i went ahead and got it. It arrived this morning and I went straight to play it.

At first I actually thought the sender has sent me the wrong disc... The cooking menu shows dishes from all around the world and I got confused and thought for a second that I'd accidentally been sent cooking mama 2: world kitchen, but I double checked and it was in fact just cooking mama which threw me a bit. This is disappointing as I really enjoyed the dishes available on the ds and was looking forward to playing them more interactively, it also leaves me wondering what cooking mama 2 would actually have to offer.
Some of the dishes don't make a whole load of sense, for example; so far both of the English dishes I've unlocked are simply puddings and not actual meals and all of the American ones are fast food (popcorn, hot dogs and hamburger). Being from England I expected to see more famous dishes like bangers and mash or a roast dinner, but nope... apparently we're famous for 'pudding'. The other thing really irritating about this game is that it's HARD. I wouldn't be surprised if kids get really frustrated with it as I'm 20 and I struggle with it.
The instructions are not clear and I'm more having to learn by errors rather than from the instructions, which then leads me to fail that stage in making the dish. If you fail ONE stage it's impossible to clear the dish. The only bonus to the scoring system is that even if you fail you still unlock the next dish which means it doesn't get too repetitive as you can attempt another dish and retry later.

There's also a multiplayer so you can play with friends or you can unlock foreign cooking buddies with dishes from the menu to compete with, but I've yet to try that.

All in all, I'm still a fan of the cooking mama franchise but definitely think that the DS version has the upper hand here.
on 14 December 2008
I bought this for my daughter who loves, and has spent hours playing, this game on her DS, however she was really upset (5 years old) - the game is difficult to play for those not yet able to read and it is not easy to control. Buy this for the DS instead which is great!!!!
on 16 June 2008
This game is amazing fun for our 4 year old & her friends ( needs verbal guidance sometimes is all but she taught her mum to play ) . Great fun for us if we play with her , not sure we could recommend it for adults playing by themselves though ( maybe if very drunk , otherwise wait and hope Gordon Ramsay makes a version that could be real entertainment :) ) .

The controls are mostly very intuitive & obvious in a fun way . As said by other reviewers it helps teach about food & cooking . Graphically it is simple but in a nice , pleasant style that we found made it very easy to pick up & play ( even when you're 4 ) . Mama herself is repetitive in her comments but for us at least not annoyingly so .

Overall we'd recommend it & if you can get it cheap ( like we did ) then so much the better .
on 15 August 2011
My Fiance & I have had many funny evenings battling each other on this game. It could be better as it does not have much of a storyline but it does provide a good laugh when playing with others. The chopping motions & some of the other actions do provide an excellent arm workout similar to that of the boxing tasks on Wii Fit which you certainly feel the day after!
on 29 March 2009
If you like the version on DS you will really enjoy this. I think it is a lot better, as the graphics are better, there are lots more recipes, and you can now cook against a friend or the wii. There are 3 game options- Lets Cook, where you chose a recipe to cook by yourself, Friends and food of the world, where you chose a girl from a country and compete against her making one of her traditional dishes, i.e Japan and sushi and there is also a two player mode. Every recipe has a flag next to it to tell you where it originates. You use the wii remote to prepare the food- it can be a knife, a spoon or a hand. You do all sorts of things such as cracking eggs, frying, chopping and kneading. My favourite things to make are puddings like truffles, as you get to decorate them how you like. I recommend this game mainly to girls, however boys may enjoy it too.
on 12 March 2012
My 7 year old daughter loves games like these so she was really excited to play it on the Wii as she had played it on her DS and loved it. However, it took her quite a while to be able to grasp the controls and what you have to do.

When trying to cook up some of the meals the controlls dont always work straight away, like when you are trying to turn something over like a lettuce to cut it when you twist the wii remote you have to do it a few times before it actually recongnises the movement which does become very frustrating.

But once you have played the game for an hour or two you start to get used to it and it becomes more enjoyable. There is also a good range of different meals to cook.

Specifically aimed at younger children and I wouldnt say it is really suitable for adults to play alone.
on 3 July 2008
This game is sooo funny! especially when playing against other people. It's nice to see a game that makes good use of the Wii controller as you use it to chop, stir, toss, peel etc. Make sure you are sitting in a good position as it can get frustrating when you are madly trying to stir your soup and its not picking up your actions. The only fault i would say is that cooking mama's voice has a terrible accent! i would of preferred they had changed the voice for the UK market as sometimes its difficult to understand what she has said. I guess that does add to the comedy value of this game however. Who would of thought a game about cooking would be so fun!. I do question the lastability of the game - there is only so much 'cooking' you want to do in a gaming session hence why i have rated it three stars overall.
on 18 June 2007
Hi I bought this game with my 8 year old daughter in mind. I've had a go and it does nothing for me. However my daughter and my nephew (aged 5) have been glued to the wii ever since. I think the game does have merit because even though the graphics and controls are crude, my kids are gaining a greater insight into how meals are prepared without the risks of cuts and burns. And a big plus is I don't have to taste what they Produce :)