on 24 December 2011
If you're tall, this chair will be worth every penny.

I'm very tall and I also have scoliosis (curved spine) which makes back support really important to me.

This chair is very supportive all the way up my back. You can adjust how firmly you want it to push against you depending on if you're working at a keyboard or leaning back watching a DVD.

It has a part you can adjust while putting it together which lets you choose how far away (horizontally) you want the back. As I have long legs, I really appreciated this. Normally I feel like I'm perched on the very edge of a seat (and end up leaning forwards because my legs don't fit under the desk, hurting my back), but on this chair I actually have leg support and room for a pillow!
on 8 September 2014
This chair is not worth the money, in my opinion.

It took about half an hour to assemble, not too bad I suppose, considering the instructions were poor, and the ink on the paper was very faded/patchy, making them a little hard to read.

The back is flimsy, and moves around too much. When I try to rest my back against it, it tilts back until I end up sitting in a position that isn't particularly comfortable. I've tried adjusting it, but that makes little difference. I shouldn't have to repeatedly adjust the back, only for it to keep jiggling from side to side and tiliting when I don't want it to.

It's also quite noisy. The back makes noise when it tilts and moves about, and there's also loud creaking sounds whenever I sit down or shift around. The description says it can handle up to 18 stone in weight, and I'm not even close to that, so I see no reason for a brand new chair to be making this much noise.

The only good thing I can say is that it was delivered very quickly. Ordered on the 25th of August it was delivered of the 1st of September. That's it, that's the only good thing I can say.
on 14 June 2014
I've had this chair for 3 years now. Originally I bought it for 50£ and consider it reasonable. It is not as good quality as those that you'd buy for over hundred pounds, but it is reliable and sturdy enough. Also I don't remember there being any problem in the assembly process. There are however two things you should consider before buying. First, the back of the chair cannot be fixed to be completely motionless: the tightest twist of the knob at the back will still allow for some (although limited) motion of the back. Secondly, this chair is much better for taller people: I am a bit short of 5 feet and find it a bit uncomfortable. Why? Well look at the picture - the chair back does not slide down (vertically, that is) more than in the picture, hence doesn't provide much support to my back. This is a long review, but chairs are important - we tend to use them a lot!
on 22 September 2013
Bought for my daughter to use at her desk to do her homework - still trying to decide if I can bother to return it: the fittings are not very good quality and the piece that fits the back of the chair to the seat is wonky. I have managed to put it together but not sure how long it will last!!
on 19 January 2014
Very sturdy chair that doesn't need a lot of space. The lever that highers and lowers the seat is easy to use, good support for the lower back
on 13 June 2015
Good for tall people, I say that standing at 6'4''.

There's a bit of weird bendiness if you lean around on it, and it could do with arms, but since there's no alternatives on Amazon yet or in my local stores, it's really good and a good price for what it is.

One thing is that while the ... I suppose 'angle' of the back is adjustable, mine has a small issue with pushing back even when it is supposed to be locked - but it does stop pushing back at the right angle for me, so it's okay. Just may be interesting to note.
on 13 November 2016
Bought this in March 2016 & although it seemed ok, it's nowhere near the quality of the previous chair I had (which was a similar price). After only 8 months, the padding on the seat of the chair has compacted to such an extent that I can feel the two screws underneath it (and no, I'm not really heavy, I weigh 10 stone!) Also, I don't spend 'all day every day' sitting on it, so it's not as if it's had a massive amount of use. The padding on the back of the chair is also compacting now. Previous chair from a different company lasted for about 10 years without ever having this problem.
on 19 April 2012
This chair is a comfortable swivel chair with a high back. My only criticism is that when putting together I noticed drilled holes underneath the seat which perhaps were meant initially to fix arms. However one of the holes had caused a small split in the wood. Although I do not see this having an effect on the durability of the product and hence did not wish to bother returning it since the split is at the edge of the seat underneath which is unlikely in my opinion to expand and none of the holes can be seen unless you turn the chair upside down, time will tell if I am wrong about the chair lasting. It does seems a strong product and so I think it will last despite the small split in the wood underneath.
on 25 August 2015
I had the instruction sheet, which was poorly reproduced and difficult to read. It didn't clearly identify the different parts and, therefore took longer to assemble than it should have done! Once assembled, it seems comfortable enough time will tell... I am still trying to figure out what 'Chair can be used only in accordance with the destination' means?!
on 13 July 2013
I can not understand why some folks say this chair is uncomfortable, its perfect, I like to keep the back-rest as far forward as possible, it works.