on 23 May 2011
As the title says, bought it from Lastron Trading, Stockport via Amazon and on contacting Adobe they said the serial numbers did not match any on their database - inter alia - it's a joey.

Lastron Trading have offered a refund but have also said they have not had any previous problems with others they have sold - latest feedback for the company now suggests otherwise.

The joey copy was shrink wrapped, installed and registered OK just that it refused to update two specific updates and contact with Adobe gave the above response.

Lastron Trading - caveat emptor.
on 19 November 2008
If you are using this in a full time business five days a week, it can pay for itself in very little time. For the casual user or people only using it occasionally I think its way too expensive. When I used Photoshop 3 many years ago it was also expensive, but at that time offered features that other programs could only dream about. Its layer editing was cutting edge stuff. Today even the cheapest of photo editors have these facilities and newer features added by CS3 are unlikely to be needed by most people. Successive upgrades from Adobe have been more about expensive tweaks to the program compared to the leaps between earlier versions. I find the raw file import still disappointing. I have used it for quick imports, but when compared to results obtained from using Phase One it looks like a poor relation (though admittedly cheaper). People like myself tend to continue to use Photoshop largely because we have grown up with it, are comfortable with its feel and function. If you are new to this field you may well save a considerable amount of money look at the many alternatives that now exist.
on 20 June 2011
Although the CS3 version is a couple of years old, it does everything I need and it cost about 1/3 of the price of CS5 (the latest version). I think you would have to have specialist / professional requirements to warrant paying for the latest version. CS3 was the benchmark a couple of years ago and so is still up there.
on 25 February 2012
I'm sure the product is absolutely great, unfortunately MEDIATOPIA have sold me a copy with a serial number that's not recognised by Adobe and can't be registered, supported or upgraded. Adobe won't tell me what the problem is and refer me back to Amazon. I fill in the feedback link complaining about the faulty product and 3 weeks later the only response i've had is an auto generated email from Amazon saying my message has been forwarded to the seller. Mediatopia are clearly selling illegal copies of this software or previously registered copies that have been repackaged. I am now going to have to demand a refund from Amazon as Mediatopia aren't making any effort to resolve this issue. In the meantime this leaves me worrying that if i purchase another copy from another retailer will i be in the same situation again?
on 22 January 2008
Photoshop CS3 is wonderful and a real joy to use. We were not naive enough to feel it could run on an older less powerful machine. We purchased a new PC especially to run Photoshop CS3, with a lot of memory and running XP Professional, and have hardly anything else running on this machine so that other software does not clutter things up etc.

CS3 loaded very easily. After installing the upgrades - 260MB - we started to use it for our day to day image processing. You download your images directly from your card into Bridge and then open them as RAW files. Camera RAW 4.1 is amazing and you will find your images benefit greatly from using this software. After this processing in Photoshop CS3 is smooth and very reliable.

We have now been using this software for a while and have had absolutely no problems at all. Photoshop CS3 is dream imaging software.
on 3 January 2012
This was the speediest delivery I have ever received!Full marks! I was very impressed with the service and am thoroughly delighted with
Photoshop CS3.I had been trying to acquire a copy for some time and have to say that this was the best price I had come across by a country mile.This was an upgrade for me from an older version and I am loving it!
on 18 May 2009
when I recieved this product it would not register with Adobe,so I contacted Adobe to find out what the problem was, I was informed by Adobe that this was an illegal copy and was therefore not entitled to use it, therefore I will not be buying from this seller anytime in the future!!!!! please advise other potential buyers of this problem.
33 Comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 July 2010
I received this product in exactly what it stated under product features. Very reliable and efficient. I would recommend this seller to everyone.
on 6 June 2012
I ordered PhotoshopCS3, which serves my needs very well for my art studio. I was pleased to be sent CS5 instead. Slight problems with installation onto the new computer were solved easily through communicating with the seller through Amazon. Photoshop CS5 is now installed in my new computer and we're ready to roll!
on 18 May 2009
Some good improvements over CS2, but in particular it loads and works faster with Windows Vista (main reason for moving up from CS2) and printing is easier. This extended version includes 3D and motion support.

See one answered question