Format: Audio CD|Change

I mostly bought this for David Arnold's score. Track 22 is a 23-minute long suite containing all of his film music and, like his James Bond soundtracks, it's brilliant.

I was expecting to skip most of the rest but in fact really enjoyed it. Piles of 70s and glam, a pretty solid compilation album- you can't go wrong with XTC and T-Rex and The Troggs.

Some of the newer music, from bands like The Fratellis and Supergrass, I didn't enjoy so much (it's difficult for them to compete with Adam Ant and The Sweet), though Jon Spencer's contribution is really good.

Each track is smoothly linked together (by music editing genius Osymyso) with snippets of dialogue from the film over the intro to most of the songs, so bear in mind that you don't get 'clean' complete versions of each song. Some of the dialogue snippets are funny in their own right, some of them only make sense if you've seen the film but if you buy the soundtrack then you probably have.

If you tapped your feet when you watched Hot Fuzz then you'll want this album.
on 17 March 2007
Any movie than can put a soundtrack behind the action which includes Sweet and T-Rex is a work of cultural art. Having sat through the movie today I was elated when people were being pursued and killed with such an awesome selection of songs all of which were cleverly edited and poignant.

I was genuinely spellbound; I had my teenage years back for a joyous 2 hours. I am nearly 50 and this type of movie is not my fancy but I dragged my wife along and at the end we both agreed we'd love to see it again on the big screen because the visual and aural impact was tremendous.

The plot is touching, funny, cleaver and deserves more than one viewing. Don't be put off by the violence, it is almost like watching a cartoon in places and most of it is probably CGI anyway.

Although I am Australian I understand British comedy more than American sledgehammer comedy. My wife and I agreed as we left the cinema that this movie would have been given an overkill treatment if done by Americans. The British jokes are there for you to discover at various levels. No-one is telling you when to laugh like in the formulaic American dross which comes out annually. Hot Fuzz is a joke name on various levels, let alone some of the obscure references and hidden pearls in the script.

The setting of this movie is a little claustrophobic at times. The town square although real gets well and truly worked to death. The product placement is not subtle but I suppose they had to raise the capital somehow.

Having been in Somerset in 2006 I am surprised I didn't get to see any of the production for this movie around the town of Wells they must have been able to keep things very quiet.

In Australia we would classify this movie as a "right royal piss-take" which to an American is probably an unknown quantity but the Brits probably know what us Aussies mean.

I hope to see it again soon; I am buying the soundtrack CD, what more can you want from a movie that is supposed to entertain.

The hype is genuine this time.

Tom Wynn

Stockton

Australia
on 4 March 2015
bought mainly for the track Slippery Rock 70's by Stavely Makepeace-which I have been wanting for years-although the rest of the soundtrack is good. Just wish album didn't have movie dialogue between tracks.
on 13 July 2014
A great selection of music on this soundtrack...but added to it are snippets of dialogue, from the film, which seem, to me, to add just that something special to this cd.
on 20 October 2015
Downloaded it because I wanted "Night of Fear" and could not find it as a single download, but there are lots of other good tracks on it so it was worth it.
on 7 March 2010
Loved that it had excerpts from the film mixed in with the songs, great choice of tunes from one of Britain best comedy movies ever!
on 23 February 2010
I got this for the Jon Spencer track which easily gets 5 stars from me. There are plenty of other good tracks too though...
on 12 August 2014
Great music from the film with humorous skits from the movie throughout.
on 17 December 2016
Is what it says in the tin. came quick and in good quality
on 24 January 2015