on 1 April 2017
These have come in very handy, I can use the bottom pan alone or as a tower steamer. Does just the right amount for the two of us, but my husband does love his veg, so has more than average serving. The pans are very light, so make it real easy to pick up off the hob, so far nothing has stuck to the pans and have been easy to clean. Would recommend to anyone wanting to buy a steamer.
4 people found this helpful
on 1 September 2017
These are nice pans, well made etc but beware...THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY WORK ON INDUCTION HOBS. I bought them as a couple of questions that specifically answered this, gave the wrong information. Eg Q: "Can this pan be used on an induction hob" Answer given was: "Yes we have a ceramic hob and have used it with our steamer from new." Another answer was "Yes although I use mine on a gas hob best kitchen item I have bought in a long time .Vegetables keep their natural flavour better than a slow cooker". Both said "yes," but in fact were using these on ceramic hob or gas. Neither of which is induction.
I have tried it on both my induction hobs and it does not work. Hence, these answers are rather misleading. I'll have to find a different base pan to be able to use the steamers at all. Otherwise, rather useless in this household.
on 24 August 2017
Please take no notice of reviews stating this set can be used on the induction type hobs. It cannot repeat cannot. Arrived well but not overly packed. Super size for my one person needs, looks very robust and neat. Was delighted until I tried to use it. No success what so ever. I tried the magnet on the bottom of pan to check if it was for inductions or not. The magnet just slid off. I wish I had tried this fail safe trick before I tried to use the pan set. The advert does not mention induction, so I can hardly blame the firm. However reviewers did confirm that it could be used on induction, and I went with those recommendations, what disappointment. Be warned this is NOT for induction type hobs.
on 5 March 2017
This is multi purpose pot, I have used all three together, just 1 steamer, and also as a single pot. does not leak steam at the sides, I find this fabulous
4 people found this helpful
on 19 May 2016
A very useful and effective small hob-top steamer. Plenty big enough for two and probably could stretch to four. Food cooks quicker and keeps its flavour and colour. Only drawback is if you live in a hard water area the bottom pan will be marked by lime scale. However, that is a small price to pay for the convenience.
2 people found this helpful
on 27 March 2016
Quick delivery and well packaged. I have used these every day since receipt and can report no problems. Not as tall as previous steamer but no plastic to burn on handles, but obviously protect your fingers; so delighted with my purchase.
on 25 March 2013
I've been using metal steamers for many years now.
My previous one broke a handle so I needed a replacement.
This is a nice steamer, the water seems to boil a lot quicker, and more rapidly because it has a nice solid bottom.
However a word of caution, you do need to fill the bottom with more water than I'm used to - nearly boiled it dry on its first use.
The pans don't fit together very snuggly either so I get steam leakage.
on the plus side it cooks quicker than my previous pans.
on 7 June 2016
At first it felt a little too much on the lightweight side but looking at the construction of them they are good & are doing the job very well. Would of given 5* if water pan base had been a tad thicker.
on 24 June 2015
I live by myself and like to try and eat nice healthy food.I have tried steamers in the past and have always found them to be huge,cumbersome things which produce enough food to feed an army and take up enormous amounts of space in my kitchen.This steamer is the answer to a solitary maiden' s prayer-efficient,compact and easy to use! You can even see what you are cooking through the clear glass lid!Great stuff.
on 23 November 2015
Pleased with the product, although I was expecting the sections to be deeper. However, once I came to use it, I realised that it made no difference. I don't know why, but it appears to cook the faster than my previous steamer!

I would recommend this product. One reservation is that because the handles are also stainless steel, they can get very hot - so be aware of this.