Size: 4x AA|Change

on 30 March 2017
Cant go wrong, solid batteries, hold charge well. work in pretty much everything with no fitment issues
on 28 May 2017
not good with reviews does what it says on the box.
on 6 June 2017
Don't hold their charge for long.
on 22 April 2017
Great rechargeable batteries
on 24 February 2009
Having owned and very much liked the highly respected Sanyo Eneloop LSD (Low Self Discharge) batteries I decided to try a different brand. To my surprise these not only equalled the excellent Eneloops, they actually provide more capacity when measured with a Maha C9000 battery charger/tester. You can recharge these hundreds of times and leave then in remotes and toys for years without them going flat like normal rechargeables.
on 14 January 2015
They work well
on 10 January 2010
I've been using rechargable batteries for over a decade now, in the hope of saving money and reducing my impact on the environmental. Despite my good intentions, I've no doubt that I would have saved myself a lot of money and produced less in the way of harmful waste had I just stuck to disposables. There's no getting away from the fact that rechargeables are still flaky, better than they were during the days of NiCd, but far from perfect. I've tried many brands, but the problem seems universal: almost half seem to fail prematurely, well before the advertised '100-1000 recharge cycles'. By fail, I mean they lose the capacity to retain a charge; they'll appear fully charged within minutes of being placed in a charger, but empty when you try to use them.

Generally, this is a problem with NiMH batteries when they're left unused for long periods. I've found this a particular problem with children's toys and games - they'll be played daily for weeks, but then forgotten for months, which seems to spell death to the rechargable batteries. So, these new, charge-retaining NiMH batteries promised a solution to the problem.

I'm sorry to report that these GP Recyko AA's have failed (3 out of the four) within a year. I've used them for a digital camera and lately for a games console, for no more than 10 recharge cycles at most. When they worked they were fine, lasting as long as the 'traditional' 2700mAH NiMHs I used before getting these. But now the charger blinks its error message and refuses to charge them. I've tried them on two alternative chargers, and while the chargers will have a go at charging them, the batteries appear fully charged within a few minutes, ie the batteries have lost all capacity to retain a charge.

I bought these to use with the GP Recyko charger, so I can't imagine I've damaged them by mischarging. After the Recyko charger rejected them I tried charging them on other (older) chargers, which gave a couple of extra charge cycles, but now they'll not work with any charger.

So, a disappointing result for what appeared to be a promising technology. I'd stick to the cheaper 'traditional' NiMHs for now (Duracell's have been the best of those I've tried), and keep a supply of disposables handy for short-term use.
44 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 February 2014
I only buy rechargeable batteries these days but there seem to be 2 types around at the moment, the ones which only hold their charge for a relatively short while and therefore are not much use in remote controls, radios etc,, and the ones which hold their charge much longer and can be stored ready for immediate use.
It is sometimes difficult to tell which is which, except that the ones which hold the charge longer generally have a slightly lower output and are more expensive. As far as I can tell these Recykos appear to be this type and are working well so far, they came charged up which is another indication that they are 'proper' rechargeables.
I normally go for Sanyo Eneloop batteries but have given these a go in view of their much lower price and 'Which' Best Buy rating.
on 1 April 2009
Bought several packs of these for various remote controls and digital camera. Very good, don't seem to discharge over time. Which? magaizine also gave a glowing review of these. Much cheaper than normal batteries over time and don't have to keep recycling dead ones. Try them, you will not be disappointed.
on 2 April 2009
Seem to last a long time without discharging. Much cheaper than normal batteries. Which? magazine also gave a great review of these.