on 5 May 2017
Awful broke within 6 months and tried to get a spare part to be told that the part we wanted wasn't classed as a spare part
on 10 July 2011
As a Chilminder and qualified Nursery Nurse I highly recomend this gate. I have used one for the last twelve years and found it to be sturdy piece of essential eqiupment. Well made and an excellent barrier for akward areas.I have never had to replace any parts, not even the wall fixing that some people seemed to have had to do and believe me the gate has taken a fair bashing over the years.
Well worth the peace of mind you gain knowing that you have your childs safety in hand.
on 25 July 2013
We were looking for a way of closing off our open staircase from our toddler grandson. The staircase being open on one side precluded using a straightforward gate, so we needed another solution - the BabyDan Flex Fit Configure gate fits the bill perfectly. It comes supplied as three panels, one of which is the opening gate, two fixing brackets and two extra rods. The fixing brackets each consist of two separate parts, one of which is a flat plate which screws rigidly to the wall. The other wraps around the end rod of a panel and is held closed by 3 nuts and bolts. This wrap-around feature allows the bracket to be placed at any height up or down the pole (although the manufacturers recommend as high as possible) which is exactly what solves the problem on the open side of the stairs. It also facilitates a continuous change of angle - although the bracket round the rod engages the fixed wall plate rigidly at right-angles, the pole within it still turns easily. We have ours installed at ground level such that the gated panel is in the middle across the foot of the stairs, the left panel is fixed at right angles to this with the bracket in a lower position on the open side of the stairs and the third is fixed to the wall on the right side.

The gate is not exactly the full width of the stairs, it's narrower. This problem is solved by having the third panel at an obtuse angle to the gated panel. A little trial-and error determined the angle required to give the best position on the wall for the other fixed bracket. The solution for a staircase which is open on the right and has the wall on the left is just a mirror-image of the arrangement described here.

The differing angles are possible because each panel has at the top and bottom of each of its ends a toothed ring arrangement whereby one locates in the other at any of a series of stepped angles. Once the appropriate angle is established, the position is "locked in" by inserting one of the extra rods, a very simple push-in and lock arrangement. This not only locks the joint rigidly, but also closes the gap through which a little one might have got its head.

I have seen debate about whether the gate can be moved to one end or the other, instead of in the middle. I don't see how it could be. The top and bottom fastenings on the gate panel do not match the arrangement on the other two panels. This would be essential if it were to fit at one side.
on 23 February 2012
Perfect for gaps 120cm - 180cm.
Couldn't find a baby gate for a 150cm double doorway. This is perfect for that.
Door can be placed in the middle or at either end.
Great quality & price.
Excellent product :)
on 30 July 2013
See the email exchange below, mine first followed by BabyDan's response:

From: [me]
Sent: 13. July 2013 15:56
Type: info
Re: BabyDan configure gate

I understand from Amazon.co.uk that the gate section of the configure gate can go at either end or in the middle of the three sections, is that correct?

If so, how do I change/ move the cone from the end of the top of the gate to the bottom?

Many thanks

[Me]
----------------
Hi

The gate can only be placed at the end by purchasing an addition flat hinged panel to replace the coned section as the cones are not removable.

Extension sections can purchased on the number below for 22.49 inc p & p

Kind regards

Patricia Smith

Customer Services

Tel:01704-895777

Opening hours Mon-Thurs 9-4 Fri 9-3.30
on 2 September 2012
As one of the other reviews has said the gate would only go in as the middle section. There is no way that it could of gone anywhere else due to having cone hinges on the bottom as well as top. Don't know if it had wrong parts in but didn't really matter to me as I had to order a extension anyway. Good item apart from that.
on 13 December 2011
This is a well built solid gate that does exactly what it's meant to do. Should last for many a year to keep the kids and dogs at bay
on 28 December 2010
Gate is great, well made, sturdy and works as it should

HOWEVER, some moron has included in the description that the gate section, and I quote, 'The walk through gate section can be installed anywhere in the configuration' and it CANNOT! IT MUST BE INSTALLED IN THE CENTRE, as both normal panels have same fixings either side and the gate has opposite fixings either side, so can only be situated in the middle, completely useless for what I wanted and now its going to cost me half the price of the product again to return it, wish I hadn't bothered, Amazon owe me money as far as I'm concerned as there is no mention of this on the manufacturers website, only here
22 Comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 April 2011
this gate is great easy to fit and easy to use. used in are open plan kitchen diner keeps the kids safe and the dog out, very good value for money and pleasing on the eye, took me 20mins to put up and i usually get my partner to do diy jobs and even he was pleased with the final look
on 17 October 2012
This gate solved the problem we had downstairs. We couldn't get a gate to fit across the bottom of the stairs without removing the handrail. As the post at the bottom was opposite a doorway, we couldn't fit one there either. With this gate, you can fix it to two walls/posts that aren't opposite each other. It's just as sturdy as a normal gate and keeps my daughter from accessing the stairs. It can also be removed from its wall fittings, allowing you to bring large items through without having to lift them over the gate. All in all, I'm very impressed with this gate and glad I did lots of research to find the best solution.