on 19 February 2013
My 18 year old Tower pressure cooker had received the last rites as I was convinced I would not find another ring which was no longer working -- WRONG -- there it was on Amazon and my pressure cooker is as good as new.
on 30 March 2013
I bought this for a Tower Pressure Cooker relying on just the diameter. The thickness matters too. This worked for a while but was letting out steam after some use. Its too thin for my pressure cooker.
on 25 April 2012
I am very happy with this item. I have a very old pressure cooker, but it still works perfectly when fitted with a new gasket. I had doubts about obtaining a new gasket for such an ancient cooker but found the one I needed on Amazon and it fitted perfectly. The gasket was as described and arrived speedily so I have no complaints and my old pressure cooker 'lives to fight another day'.
on 29 September 2015
Love my pressure cooker..this is my second Tower. Have used pressure cookers for years! Only comment...instructions found inside the pot and I would have found it difficult to open if I hadn't had a Tower Cooker previously.
on 18 October 2012
Sadly, like another reviewer, I bought this in the hope that it would fit my cooker and it doesn't so I wasted my money. Why can't they make these things with the same easy to obtain spare parts so that we can go on using them for years like we used to?
on 25 January 2016
It came, I put it in the lid , it fell out, I manage to put it back and on the bass with some water in it, it worked when I took off the lid seal had got slightly bigger and was a good fit, BUT now after a week of not using it , it falls out again . How,s that figure ?
on 24 February 2012
Item replaced an old seal that was the original on a pressure cooker in excess of 20 years old. Perfect fit and has prolonged the life of my trusted old cooker!
on 24 March 2013
You should give thickness of the gaskets also next to outside edge measurement. The gasket was not thick enough and pressure cooker lid could not be locked.
Thanks to Red House company who accepted my complain, accept a gasket to be sent back, refund the money.
Five stars for them. Unfortunately one only for you. The thickness is very important and must be given.
Thanks
Regards
on 23 January 2015
unfortunately did not fit as I did not know there was a difference between seal,s for aluminium and steel pressure cookers, but saying that returned
and had no problem with refund and ordering the correct gasket , on that, rating would be 5 star
on 14 February 2015
The description seems right, but the delivered item is a different material (rubber v plastic) and different cross-section. It will not seal the pressure in, and that is its sole purpose, making it totally useless!