on 29 July 2013
Supplied vent hose is way too short to be able to vent out of any of my windows. Perhaps if your windows are 2 feet off the ground you'll be ok.

Pipe gets very warm, which contributes to the heat of the room you're trying to cool!

Finally, the cool air emitted is not very cool, to the extent where I sometimes wonder if it's cooling at all or if it's in fan mode.

I have no other experience of portable aircon; perhaps others are even worse, but I'm definitely not overly impressed
One person found this helpful
on 13 August 2013
Had to return this item as soon as I opened it due to the large exhaust that is required to vent the hot air out. This exhaust which is too sort in my mind then needs to be shoved out of a window (unless you make an adequate hole in the wall for said tube to go out of) thereby making it pointless to have the thing in the first place.
One person found this helpful
on 26 September 2013
This would have got 5 stars as it is really a very good piece of kit - the hose can be a bit annoying - forever becoming detached from the back and also the fitting for going out through a window is an odd shape.
on 26 April 2007
Living in a very well-insulated house and sleeping in a south-facing room, the humid and hot months can be difficult and uncomfortable.

We have not used this product during the hottest months but have found so far that we only need to set the timer to operate it for about 30 - 45 minutes before bed-time to achieve a noticeably cool room. The thermostat appears to work well, so the machine does not run if the set temperature has been reached. Usefully, the remote can easily be used to give a cooling 'top up' blast during the night if needed.

My only criticism is that the outlet hose could have been a foot or so longer.

We had previously tried a large fan and an evaporation cooler, but both were noisy, ineffective and dried the air too much without any real cooling effect. This appears to offer a much more efficient use of electricity.

We don't have any penguins, but our dogs (all Arctics) also suffer from the heat & are enjoying the cool air immensely!

Definitely worth the purchase price - does what it's supposed to.
61 people found this helpful
on 20 April 2018
Never been so cool!. The Sun is beating down outside and before I used this machine the temperature in our living room we 86fdegrees . It's now 73fdegrees. Lovely.
on 9 December 2014
Fair to say it has just packed up :-( Also fair to say, that after 7 years and having NEVER been turned off it deserves to say time is up. Am looking for another at the moment. :-)
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 27 July 2010
we are very impressed with the De'Longhi PAC C110 Portable Air Conditioner it has proved very useful during the very hot weather we have had. I would certainly recomend it to family and friends.
4 people found this helpful