on 4 June 2015
An excellent film. Why? It's based on a true story; superb acting and directing by Hilary Swank; and it makes a powerful and original connection between gangs, racism, and the worst evils of the 20th century. Thoughful, inspiring, and elevating.
on 1 June 2010
This film was recommended to me by my daughter. I thought it was okay but will never become one of those films I watch over and over. It follows a fairly predicable course but don't regret buying it. It was worth a viewing.
on 19 April 2014
Has to be one of the best movies I have ever seen. I am a trainee teacher and just by watching this movie alone has given me new ideas and methods to try and use in the class to help all my students to discover themselves.
on 18 June 2012
Fabrastic, well priced item. Tho delivery a little slow. Would recommend buying this film to anyone with young people who need educating on different walks of life. Very poignant film. My daughter loved it!
on 21 February 2013
Film depicts gritty lives of kids living in the projects. Unbelievable how some kids live, a real eye opener. Thank goodness for people like Miss G who selflessly give of themselves. Inspirational.
on 9 November 2013
Very moving and inspiring film especially if you are / want to be a teacher yourself. Gives god insight into what the students life were like , always had you thinking what would happen next
on 10 June 2014
Pass on....read it, watch it, be inspired, inspire others. I couldn't wait to pass this on to my daughter who is a music teacher in a tough school but hey, anyone can benefit from this.
on 2 February 2016
Watched this movie 3 times and I'm not yet bored of it. Excellent movie love it. If you have watched lean on me with Morgan Freeman and enjoyed it you will love this movie.
on 23 November 2012
As a teacher of English this film is something that I like to show my advanced students of English as a second language. The film is emotional and can be motivating.
on 29 October 2013
i would recommend this product to there people as it is a really good film and shows what it is like for teens who have been pressed into gangs life s are like