Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Blind Boys of Alabama Shop now Fitbit Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now

Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 11 July 2007
I was a bit unsure about this one at first as I've watched other belly dancing DVD's and found they skipped explaining how to do the moves, however this one is great, they go through everything step by step and gradually build up the routines so you learn them whil learning each move. It's also a great workout, it gets your heart rate up and buzzing. Thes best thing about this DVD is that once you've mnastered the routine, you can play it without the voice telling you what to do so you just have the music which is great.

For anyone interested in belly dancing and getting fit at the same time, this is an excellent place to start.... Enjoy
on 1 September 2007
I am over 40 and have never really exercised much before and at the moment am overweight! This dvd is great,I managed to do it all the way through which is a first for me! I would call it an exercise dvd based on bellydancing moves. It is low impact and great for beginners and toning up. I would also recommend Charlie Brooks Before and After Workout for beginners who want something a bit more challenging and fast paced.
on 26 February 2008
I was a bit wary of this when I ordered it because im not really into workout dvds but its impossible to know what a dvd is like when you order and you dont find out youve wasted your money until youve played it and then your stuck with it but in this instance I figured 'just suck it and see'...and this one really surprised me, I was glad I gave it a chance. It is fantastic, a real workout with warm up and cool down with all the beginner belly moves you could want to start off with-and boy do I need beginners moves!They are explained clearly and demonstrated enthusiastically . I also love the way you get to see both twins at the same time whilst one is in close up at the front and the other is at the back showing full leg moves etc which you dont always get to see on other belly dvd close ups. Their performance at the end is absolutely spectacular! I ended up just watching them dance over and over the first time, very insipirational - I just wish all belly dvds could be this good and then I wouldnt be so nervous about spending hard earned cash on them. Recommended.
on 9 June 2007
This is a great DVD for people new to belly dancing. I got this so i could lose weight and learn a great form of dancing at the same time, if your slim this will help you tone up alot and i'm not so i'm hoping i'll lose weight and then get to tone up rather then toning my flab. The warm up is great and really gets you in the mood, the girls on the DVD are so nice and always smiling somehow and the warm down really leaves you feeling refreshed as its a yoga warmdown and you don't feel out of breath or anything just feel like you've had a great work out and want to put your basic steps into your own routine, its really inspiring seeing the girls do one of there performances and there fantastic outfits. A must buy for the belly dance beginner. I've also just brought 'Instructional bellydance with Jillina' this is great for routines see my review for further details.
on 1 September 2007
What I really like about this DVD is that even though it is challenging you are getting a good work out before you have fully mastered the moves. The build up to each move is gradual so you are able to go at your own pace.

It is a good work out which also teaches you a lot of belly dancing basics. It is good fun as well.
on 5 August 2008
I got this, expecting more of a workout than a bellydance routine, and that's what it is. It's fun, as a workout, but I do have a few gripes, particularly as those who don't exercise and / or bellydance previously may find themselves at sea (or worse, at risk!)
1. How to do belly dance moves isn't really explained, and being fairly new to it, I spent some time working out which knee should be straight, which bent
2. In the toning and conditioning sections, they rarely tell you which muscles you should be feeling the effort in, and sometime only give you a rep or two beforemoving on
3. Some of the moves are just silly to give to people who are looking for exercise with a belly dance flavour... has anyone out their managed to sustain a shimmy for as long as they want, or indeed at all while trying to turn a circle on your toes?????
on 26 January 2009
The DVD is divided into 8 chapters focussing on a specific activity or area of your body so you can easily access the part you are interested in. These chapter are: Warm Up, Cardio Belly Blast, Core Weights, Core Abs/Upper Body, Lower Body, Shake it Off Shimmy, Belly Floorwork and Cool it down.
This is a great DVD for people who do little or no exercise as it will increase your fitness level whilst learning a few basic belly dance movements (don't expect to learn the kind of bellydance routine you would see in a show though). Most exercises are very easy to follow and require only very little floor space.
I bought this DVD two years ago and I'm still not bored of it so would highly recommend.
Having already tried Amira's Bellydance 101 and attended local classes I was looking to supplement these with some aerobic routines and weights based on bellydance moves. This workout is fun and certainly got my heart rate moving. However it falls down on certain points. Some sections are really aerobic routines and require adequate foot wear which is not recommended by the instructors as traditional bellydance requires bare feet. At no point during the DVD did the instructor inform you of the correct bellydance posture or instruct you to not lock out your standing leg. The actual bellydance moves themselves were not taught with full instructions on form - this was quite marked when compared to Amira's DVD.
Sometimes the instructions for the routine itself were lacking - the movement changes from a straight hip drop to a directional one, but if you are not looking you would miss it.
This is a great DVD, but with the omissions mentioned here beginners could be at risk from bad form and therefore injury.
on 19 June 2010
I bought this after wanting in introduction to bellydancing. There arn't any classes in my area and after doing several different types of dance throughout my life I fancied trying bellydancing.
This dvd is a workout that encorporates bellydancing moves. Its great for adding exercise into your daily life as it gets your heart pumping and makes you sweat. Obviously it all depends on how much effort you put into it - I lost track of time and did the whole DVD without realising as it was addictive and made me want to carry on. You do need some light handweights - I only have 3lb weights but lighter weights would work just as well.
My abs were aching after this dvd which tells me that I worked and as I said with any dvd it will only be as good as the amount of effort you put into it.
This keeps you moving and is something that you can do two or three times a week or once a week if you have others that you want to do for variety.
Deffinately recommended, so much so that I have bought this for my 54 year old mother as I know its easy enough to get her moving but will get her muscles working. Add a shimmy belt or scarf to add to the workout.
on 17 February 2011
the picture quality is really really poor, i give this dvd ago twice fully by the 3rd time i had to turn it off everything about it is annoying, the moves are poor and i didnt ache one bit after. not worth buying altho only cheap i would rather pay abit more for a much better and effective work out dvd