on 14 April 2011
I'm cycling very regularly now, and can't afford the luxury of a 'winter bike.' Yet it's amazing just how much crud comes off the road, and how much it gets in every nook and cranny on the bike. People often advertise expensive bikes saying dry miles only, and I can really see why they would do that.

This kit is a great help though, and goes a long way to restoring the bike's looks. I find it best to clean it soon after getting home. if you leave the dirt to dry on it becomes much more difficult.

A couple of warnings- firstly be sure and wash the brushes thoroughly. They can do a good job of getting oil-based dirt off the bike, but it then sticks to the brush and next time you wash the bike you spread it back on again. I wash them several times with hot water and detergent.

Secondly don't keep the whole kit in the bucket with the lid closed. I did this, and noticed the aerosol bike spray was getting rusty, but then found the can empty one day and all the spray in the bottom of the bucket. The can had rusted right through!

Apart from that it really does the job, and is one of the most useful things you'll get to maintain your bike.
on 18 October 2010
Was reluctant to spend thirty quid on this when other kits are cheaper and I doubted that I really needed all those brushes. However, decided to buy it after realising how bad for the environment other brands are, and the various cleaning tools all turned out to be really useful. SO much easier than cleaning with car shampoo and a toothbrush! I've never got a bike so clean.
on 8 January 2014
I have been cycling for a while now, and a part of that is looking after and cleaning your bike. Up until I bought this i simply used objects I found around the house, a tooth brush, an old brush we use for everything, a screw driver. Anything I could find. These all worked fine, did the job and got the bike looking clean. I got the new tools as I upgraded my bike and winter cycling quickly got it gritty and started to affect my cycling. The new tools make little to no difference in the simplicity and ease of cleaning up my new bike. The Muc-off bike cleaner works pretty well, so it's got that going for it. Personally I feel the aptly named 'bike spray' is a filler and it's useless.

My bike is clean, it worked but it did nothing special to decrease time spent cleaning, and didn't really make it much easier.
on 29 May 2016
Ok, so what your thinking is that this is clearly not the cheapest set of brushes you've seen for cleaning your bike. And you'd be right, there are many cheaper alternatives, and while I consider myself a bargin hunter, the old saying 'you get what you pay for' comes true in this occassion. The quality MucOff brushes is evident as soon as you start using them, unlike cheaper (and some not so cheaper) competitors brands, these the bristles stay attached to the brush where they belong, even when scrubbing the toughest of dried mud or wet sludge from your trusty steed. If i had to pick a negative then it would be that the bucket the kit comes in is a little on the small side if you were thinking of using it for straight up water to wash the bike with, although not strickly its intended purpose. Instead use the bucket to mix up some of the cleaner with water, and dip the brushes, scrub the bike, dip again etc. Then the bucket is perfect. And i will just say that although you may well think this many brushes is overkill for cleaning a bike, i can honestly say each one has it's reason for inclusion in the set, and there really are places where only one of the bruses will reach, so you'll find the routine for giving the bike a fullclean will include each brush in at least one area. As I said the bristles hold up well to hard scrubbing and the handles are comfortable and rubberised so they dont get slippery or cold. And that just leaves the liquid solution itself. The claim is that it protects the bike from mud sticking to it, is I admit hard to believe. And while my bike frequently still comes back looking like I've ridden through a tough mudder assault course, I will conceed that when the mud is more liquid than gloopy, the frame does seem to get less stuck to it than before i started using the solution. Is this kit worth getting? Well, i think the wat to look at it is, so i own any decent brushes for cleaning? You can purchase the same mucoff brushes individually, obviously more expensive to do that, but if you didnt want to splash out for all in one go, you could build the set over time. If so then the claw chain brush and the small component brush are the ones to get to start with, as remedying the neglected chain set is the first step to making your bike live a long and happy life.
on 18 February 2017
There's not really anything to find fault with here. You get a range of small-to large brushes, cleaning tools and sponge, along with cleaning fluids, and the box itself is used as an appropriately sized bucket. There's also a can of bike protector to spray on once you've done the cleaning.
on 1 March 2017
My husband loves this stuff... this is actually what he insisted I buy him for his birthday!

He seems to enjoy cleaning his bike, after every single cycle, as much as he does riding it.

He tells me it makes the job so much easier, even in Scottish rain and muck.
on 3 January 2017
Great selection of cleaning goodies to ensure my bicycles are kept sparkling. I love this brand and always buy it. I have tried other brands but do not find the results as good.

Other plus is that the products also smell good!
on 1 January 2017
Xmas present for Husband who loved it. He was happiest ide seen him over xmas cleaning his bike. He said all the brushes provided make it so much easier to clean his pride and joy.
Our car however remains filthy!!!
on 10 January 2016
This was bought as a present and my brother was delighted with it. He has just bought a new bike and this seemed to be just want he wanted. He was impressed by the variety and quantity of products inside. The box was bigger than I anticipated and quite heavy. I did get it as a Lightning Deal but when the price went down further, Amazon refunded the difference.
on 30 October 2015
Everything in the kit is good quality, and muc-off cleaning products have a good reputation, so I'm please with it overall. However, the largest brush in the set arrived with dust and dirt all over the bristles, as if it had either already been used, or has been stored seperately in some dusty warehouse. It will need a very thorough cleaning before use. Everything else seemed boxfresh