Customer reviews

on 20 October 2012
I already use the Schwalbe City Jet Semi-Slick Puncture Protected Rigid Tyre 26 x 1.95 Blackon my mountain bike hybrid, no complaints but over time as I felt resistance when riding, and getting them to fit under my mudguards ETC Mtb Full Length Mudguard Set 26 x 1.75-2.125 Black was requiring constant adjustment.
I realized thinner tires were required, as I had used City Jet previously and the supplier was very prompt, I ordered the 26"x1.5 version. They fitted perfectly, but be careful when fitting as you can crimp the inner tube easily. Inflation is 80psi and my pump managed it although at the 70psi mark it was hard going.
On the road they are excellent, as much grip as the fatter Tyre but less rolling resistance, it gives you a faster and easier cruising speed and the excellent grip in the wet is still there. The puncture protection is still superb as my daft brother dropped nails in the driveway and it went over them easily.
A great product I would recommend to anyone and they are cheap too with free delivery.
on 24 October 2013
Found these tyres easy to fit, have only tested on local road so far, but over the knobbly tread I had before, very smooth riding. Great on a trainer, no more whining. Puncture proofing not evaluated yet, I live in the country and there are some pretty big thorns locally...we'll see! Point is, how puncture proof can you make a tyre in reality. It's a bonus if it gives you some protection from small bits of glass or less stiff thorns! But at this price, overall, I found them easy to fit and certainly what I expected for the money. My thumbs still had life after forcing over the last inch of tyre, usually I can't feel anything for days when changing one. If you have narrow, more modern MTB rims it might be a struggle, but wider rimmed wheels like my own didn't need any leverage to get them on. If you walk into Halfords you could pay this price for one, unbranded by comparison, or at least not Schwalbe...who have reputation to maintain. Good luck...enjoy the winter air and lets keep out of those cars where we can!
on 11 June 2017
Schwalbe should make it clear if they have a budget range from a different factory it will be of lower quality otherwise it undermines the reputation of their top end tyres. Tread pattern did not match advert.
review image
on 27 July 2017
as far it is good. i didn't have a chance to test it on really raining weather. i hope, it works well.
on 19 July 2012
Was going to purchase this item from Halfords, and i'm not certain but i think it was around £30... Massive difference. The item came really quickly too.
on 11 December 2014
Good tyre and god price
on 20 September 2011
I bought these tyres to replace a chunky tyre as I had changed the type of ground that I was regularly travelling over. FANTASTIC, why did I not buy these earlier. They added 3.5 - 4 mph to my average speed on an average 20 mile run. Only draw back was the pressure, 60 - 85 psi, wow have my arms had a workout getting to 85psi!.On the road they grip well and I have noticed a marked increase in the response to my moving the handlebars (less road resistance). They are good for mixed road / tow path use and have proven themselves over and over again.
on 17 January 2013
Build quality is ok but my concerns lie to whether these are factory defects. After unpacking item and checking tyre quality we have multiple kinks in metal wiring within the tyre. This item has clearly been mis-handled and bent rendering it virtually useless.
review image
on 6 December 2011
I cycle over 100 miles a week commuting to and from work, until recently I have been using my Claude Butler Milano with Schwalbe Lugano tyres and after three punctures in less than 24 hours decided to change across to a mountain bike over the winter months.

The first two weeks on standard chunky mountain bike tyres on a cheap heavy mountain bike killed my legs and added loads of time onto my daily commute, so after reading other reviews of this tyre decided to give it a go.

My first trip into work with these tyres took around five mintues off of my time the previous week. No other changes were made to the bike, so the time saving can only have come to the greatly reduced rolling resistance these tyres offer over normal mountain bike tyres.

I have now used these for a fortnight on a road and cycle path commute in dry, wet and now icey conditions and the grip seems good for a tyre in this price bracket and despite taking a daily hammering from pot holes and high drop kerbs they have not suffered any punctures (yet!). To get the best out of these tyres they do need to be inflated to their maximum allowable pressure.

When this bike needs another new set of tyres, I would get another set of these without thinking twice about it.

If you are looking to make your daily commute quicker, easier and more enjoyable, get yourself a decent road bike - but these do come a very close second!
on 18 February 2012
The only downside to these tyres is they look funny on a MTB when you first put them on, but thats the only downside.

The upside is its far easier to pedal, the tyres are a lot lighter than normal MTB tyres, they inflate to 60 PSI really fast and then to 85 PSI quite fast (but then I do have a £25 Topeak Pump). You can ride in a higher gear all the time with these tyres. The best thing about them is they say on them "Inflate to 85 PSI" not 65-85 or just 40-65 like I expected :)

On a MTB with full suspension, having rock hard tyres is a great thing!

These tyres are not far off the speed of the tyres I have on a touring bike (700c x 28 @ 90 PSI) but of course that bike is far lighter (like 21 lbs as opposed to 34 lbs).

Also, maintaining your speed is what these tyres are all about, the difference is huge.

I will enjoy being able to go further... on the same energy.