on 1 December 2013
See my review of the CT60 tack wise tacker (Orange plastic).. I bought these to use with that tacker and after tacking down 2 metres of 6mm cable, one of these fired straight through the cable, shorting 2 pairs. I had to finish the job with the 10mm staples after cutting off the damaged section. Afterwards, I tested these 14mm staples on a scrap piece of timber, and roughly one in ten staples would miss-fire straight through the cable.

Unless you're working with VERY soft timber (and even then I'm not confident), I would not recommend these.. go for the 10mm instead and hope it holds your cable sufficiently.
The largest size compatible with this model and suits Ethernet cables, co-axial aerial cables and other low-voltage cables of up to 6mm diameter. Although it isn't something I am likely to need, I have seen these (or alternative sizes) used in the construction and repair of some types of wooden fencing.

The first pack arrived unsealed and with all flaps at one end missing and most of its contents floating freely within the outer carton. Some of the contents had been lost during transit.

Although these are galvanized, a white option is also available.

If out on a job, it is more convenient and easier to include a small pack of 1000 tacks in a kit than the full-sized retail pack or to have one each of several sizes or finishes.
on 6 November 2013
We bought these to go into the combi tacker that we love. The tool loads easily and takes various sizes of staples which enables us to do different types of jobs. We have find that the 14mm is the size we use the most, covers most of the jobs. We have used it mainly to tidy up TV and satalite cable but we will need to buy the smaller CT45 staple when we install the alarm as the cables are thinner
VINE VOICEon 4 January 2015
I tried firing 14mm CT-60 staples into a hard mahogany (a 100+ year old lump from an old sailing boat), some chipboard, some MDF, some interior grade plywood, and some soft 'deal' the type of wood was unknown other than it was a soft white wood. The staples seemed to go in to the same depths in all the woods as far as I could measure with my depth/width/height gauge.The 14mm CT-60 staples are 7mm wide with the 6mm width gap between the arch. The staple wire is only 0.5mm thick, just enough to give it some strength. Although it is possible to get the staples put in neatly and not twisted, it does take practice and a very steady and firm hand. The slightest wobble and/or twist will result in a weird shaped bit of wire being crammed into a surface. That said, it is very easy with a pair of pliers to pull out badly fired staples. The staples don't look as neat as the much more expensive and more time consuming to fit plastic cable clips, but the major advantage of these is their really low cost and speed of fitting.
on 9 March 2016
Not bad piece of kit. It certainly does the job it's designed for, the tension settings are "tickle the skirting board" or "send the cleat into space" no in between.
It only gets 4stars because the packaging was not up to scratch. Mine was in a sealed plastic bag but the box label was for Flashing Bouncing Balls???
on 17 March 2016
What can one say about staples? These are exactly as advertised. They are CT-60 staples (rounded), 14mm long, and they do the job they are designed to do. If you are looking for CT-60/14mm, look no further - these are the ones for you!
on 25 June 2014
While I prefer the 12mm CT-60 for most jobs sometimes I need the extra reach when using bulky patch cables like Cat6 or when applying to lower density skirting boards. In this case I find the 14mm a little better suited to the job.
I use these staples in my Tacwise Combi stapler and they work very well, recommended.
on 12 August 2013
perfect results with this staple in the tacwise combi tool after trying the draper type 13962 which did not feed properly. also available in a value pack of 5000 staples with 5 of these little packs inside. very good
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 May 2015
Ran out for my Tacwise 1153 combi, so needed more for ethernet, co-ax and electrical cable in a shed. Worked as well as expected with no issues and fast delivery.

Recommended.
on 7 September 2015
Excellent staples, able to hold various cables securely. I ordered a second pack for various projects I have coming up. Recommended.

See one answered question