on 29 January 2014
I searched various outlets for an A1 sized cutting mat of this quality- and all that I found were more expensive than this one yet of a lesser quality. I was actually a little dubious when I ordered the Q Connect A1 cutting mat here for the price that it is; I was worried that I'd be supplied with an inferior product -but I received the real thing!

The mat is THICK, almost half a centimetre thick. When looking at its edge, the individual layers can be seen. It's covered on both sides with a 1cm grid in light blue print, with a 1cm wide border left all round (and the Q Connect logo printed in light blue on the lower right hand corner). Unfortunately for those who prefer the imperial measuring system, the mat isn't calibrated in inches, in fact there are no numbers printed on the cm grid either but for me, that's fine. The mat also arrives flat -it's too thick to roll and folding it would likely leave a permanent indentation along the fold line.

I gave the mat 4 stars rather than 5 because when I unpacked it, a small piece of the green layer had chipped off. The broken piece was pretty tiny, about the size of a fingernail clipping and funnily enough it’s a nail file that will probably be the best thing to "sand" down the edge to a smooth finish again! All in all, I'm really happy with this cutting mat -I have very limited space at home but now, I can extend my working area to the floor without a problem which is great :-)
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 2 May 2016
If like me you are searching (and confused by the variety available) online to find a decent quality A1 cutting mat at a good price then look no further. This is it. First class quality mat with one cm2 grid printed on one side and plain green on the other. Approx 3mm thick. I will be ordering another two shortly for another bench in my workshop. Great quality at a good price. Very pleased.
on 16 April 2017
Came folded but flattens out really quickly once it was laid flat. Great board. Happy. Only has grids on one side. Metric squares only.
on 27 February 2016
Beware not Q connect !!! false description .
on 16 May 2017
Delivered swiftly. Haven't used it yet but looks good quality. Nice weight.
on 15 August 2016
Very competitive price for an excellent cutting mat.
on 26 March 2016
Top mat and great value
on 14 March 2013
Does what it is made for and you can also use it for hand crafting.
Very big great for dress making
on 20 March 2017