Customer reviews

Avery A3 GUA3 Office Guillotine - paper cutter, Black and Teal

on 26 April 2017
This product was advertised as new, when it arrived it had scores in the blade obviously a secondhand unit!
on 13 May 2011
Cannot really review 460mm ver. because what I've got was 420mm even thou 460mm was advertised... So do yourself a favour and check with the seller what model do they really stock.

About product itself does its job quite well but feels cheap. so I wouldn't expect it to last very long, but I could be wrong and there is no way of knowing now since I returned it and asked for refund and ordered Fellowes Stellar - a bit more expensive but looks and feels like a tank but works like a dream.
on 24 February 2010
Having looked into the options this Avery guillotine seemed to fit the right quality/price point I was aiming for. Upon delivery I was found the base (apart from the top plate) to be made of cheap injection moulded plastic and the latch on the blade and guard to be poorly made. Overall a product I didn't think would last and didn't want in the office. Rexel CL200 purchaed (A4) an entirely superior design and build.

Don Ruffles were efficient in handling the return.
on 28 January 2010
I ordered this product for a Christmas Present. It arrived Christmas eve which I was impressed with. However, the recipient opened it to find that the box had masking tape of various sizes covering the ends of the box. It looked as though it had already been opened and re-sealed after being returned. The safety cover was cracked. It was sent by a company called N D Office. If I ever saw a product with their name next to it I would well and truly avoid! I tried to contact them but received an auto-reply to say that they were closed for Christmas. Fair enough. Then, when I did get contact I am sent a rather stroppy email saying that I should have contacted them earlier and that I should really be happy as the RRP for this product is 'much more expensive' than I had paid! However, they were very good in making arrangements to replace it - with a statement that all their products are brand new (again, in capital letters and bold font to drive their point). The replacement has arrived and the product is excellent. This time it arrived wrapped in polystyrene and film with a guarantee and additional paperwork NOT in the first one we were originally sent - and no masking tape in all shapes and sizes re-sealing the box!
Altogether, the product itself has proved to be invaluable but I would not use N D Office who were only helpful once they realised that I work for the Local Authority in Purchasing!
on 30 December 2013
This Guillotine is not quite value for the money. The plastic protection and guiding attachment for the actual knife is a bit flimsy. Paper cuts up to about 3 sheets piled of 200mg paper thickness reasonable well. Build quality overall was reasonable though the base metal plate on which one rests the paper was not completely flat having a slight 'bump' that I deem as minor fault during manufacturing. In terms of precise cutting there is about a millimetre deviation from start of cut to end. For trimming enlarged photographs it is noticeable. Slightly disappointed with the overall build and accuracy.
on 14 February 2013
This is well made, easy and safe to use. I needed a larger size as my a/4 cutter will not cope with A/3 paper. It needed a bit of practice to use it as it requires pressure on the bar to hold the paper in place but after the second cut I was away. Cuts cleanly and you can see where the blade will cut every time. A very good buy.
on 16 May 2016
Excellent machine. Very sharp, very safe - ours came without the triangular guard but it has a blade-cover that appears/covers the blade as you lift up the blade - neat. Great value too.
on 14 July 2014
Fantastic guillotine, which has large cutting area. The safety guard is a great feature, as is the self sharpening blade (no replacements).
on 20 August 2013
This guillotine is great, a fab tool to have in the office and very easy to use. Would defo recommend
on 25 February 2009
A sturdy, reliable guillotine with a good cutting edge.Avery GUA3 office A3 guillotine with fifteen sheet capacity, EACH