Customer reviews

3,188

on 21 June 2017
SIX QUID!

SIX FLIPPIN QUID!

This thing has survived the floor of a mosh pit for an hour.

This thing has been in the sea.

This thing has survived a puppies mouth.

This thing has been on my wrists 24/7 for the past two months and NOT A SINGLE SCRATCH!

As me nan would say, "It's worth its weight in gold"

This watch is the cockroach of watches, with the looks of an elegant butterfly.

"Would I recommend?" I'D RECOMMEND FIVE MATE, BUT YOU'LL ONLY EVER NEED ONE.

IGN - 10/10
11 Comment| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 March 2015
Really lightweight (hardly know it's on my wrist!), attractive, classic appearance. Superfast delivery. Shall update on reliability once I've had it for a while longer. Excellent, inexpensive buy so far.
Now, six months later, there have been no problems with it, and I'm still really pleased with this buy.
I've now had this for almost 2 years, without a problem; even the battery has not needed changing...!
Yesterday, my beloved Casio stopped, after 2.5 years; I'm impatiently awaiting its replacement from Amazon, my wrist feels naked...
A wonderful timepiece: reliable, light & classic!
on 12 June 2017
I haven't worn a wristwatch in years, but with a beach holiday looming I wanted something relatively cheap for beach walks without my phone to give me the time. This watch fits the bill.

It has however become much more than a "throwaway" timepiece. I was drawn to it's simplicity when so many other watches are too fussy - no digits, no calendar just clear numerals and a seconds hand, and an easy to use strap.

It's a pity more of this type aren't available. Looking through the watches on Amazon there are very few that are not all bells & whistles.

This is a top watch for it's simplicity and l'll continue wearing it long after the beach holiday is over.
on 10 June 2017
This little watch is great value for money. Bought it as a "cheapy" to replace my usual tick-tock which was going away for some four weeks on repair. It`s turned out to be just as accurate as it`s bigger and much more expensive, away on repair, brother. The paper slip that came with it suggests that the battery will last up to about five years.
There are some tiny screw heads showing on the reverse which suggest to me that you could get the back off and replace the battery yourself, but why bother? At this price just buy another and chuck the old one into the "Small Electricals" bin at your local reclamation centre for materials salvage.
on 3 September 2017
After all, the best value for money and no nonsense design. Timeless classic. Clear faceplate to see the time fast loud and clear. Also good that anyone can replace the battery themsleves, no need to go to expensive shops to get robed for the use of heavy clamping mechanism that some watches require to open/close the back side. I tend to always keep one of these as backup when traveling or camping and hiking with the switch off to avoid battery from being ran out. It is fine with water splashes and used when swimming and crossing some rivers, survived absolutely fine. And it does not constantly distract you for myriads of useless messages from social media, helps you to stay focused on your business and just tells you the time. If you wear it constantly plastic glass will wear in several years but this is reasonable for several pounds watch.
Verdict: Wholeheartedly recommended as a main classic looking plastic-n-rubber and very light watch or as a little backup. Buy from trusted seller to avoid fake copy frustration.
on 13 June 2017
Only been using this watch for about 10 weeks but so far it has worked faultlessly....I did change the strap to a leather one(which I also purchased on Amazon a couple of years ago) because I find that leather straps feel more comfortable to wear. Great if like me your eyesight is not what it used to be and if it goes wrong it is so cheap you can just throw it away and get another(other than the battery, which costs £1 delivered and therefore might be worth replacing).
on 27 April 2017
This is the third of these watches that I have bought over the last few years. They always keep good time, have a clear dial and are comfortable to ware. The usual failure is the strap, but at this price it is no more costly to buy another, than to have a strap fitted.
on 25 September 2017
Nice basic watch.
Easy to read in poor light.
I have bought several of these over the years.
The battery tends to last a year.
So when it is flat or going slow before that then...........
Pun intended time is up, and I order another one.
Problem solved no point in changing the battery on a watch this cheap, and over that year the watch can get marked on the lens/screen area so starting again with the new one also sorts out that problem at the same time. 😎
on 10 July 2017
Great little watch. It will be used for when i'm out and about on my bike or on the bevvy. Thankfully its quiet as my other low budget Casio was loud and this one you can barely hear even when it's right next to your ear.

The watch was already working in the package so hopefully the battery will last.

Keeps time well, that's probably the most important thing.

The face is smaller than I expected so maybe not suitable for men with thick wrists but could do most men, women and teenagers comfortably.
VINE VOICEon 31 July 2017
I bought one of these a few years ago. It worked fine, kept accurate time, was comfortable to wear. Excellent value. Eventually the battery ran out. I don't know if you can change the battery, and a quality battery wouldn't be cheap, so I just bought another one of these and expect it will last another three years. By the way, the watch arrives with battery fitted and working, so you just set the time and that's it.

I really do strongly recommend this watch.