Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change
Price:£14.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 17 November 2012
Robert Downey Junior won't miss the possibility to show he is able to play any character, in this case, because of a careless bus driver four passengers die but their souls remain attached to a baby, born exactly in the moment they died.
They become his friends while he grows, visible only to him, but when their presence risks him to be considered a freak, or insane, they choose to disappear. Twenty years later, they discover why they are still glued to the boy, now a man and reappear devastating his well organized life as a bank executive.
Why watch it: The four ghosts, all of them fantastic actors, the impersonations of the four by Robert Downey Junior when his body is "possessed" by them and a fantastic american anthem a cappella by the same Robert Downey.

The DVD is a UK edition but it has several Dubbings, German, Italian, Spanish and Russian and also has the subtitles in the same languages plus english, making it enjoyable also to the non english mothertongue as me. There are no extras on the DVD but of course being a movie of the VHS era there were no interviews or making of at the time.
on 5 February 2012
I have grown up watching this film, just seeing the title makes me start singing 'Walk like a man' by the four seasons (which features in the film), to see it on amazon for such a great price, it just had to be added to my DVD collection, (I bought it as a gift for my dad but really it will inevitably end up in my DVD rack!). A simple, heart warming film about completing unfinished business, with a good cast including Robert Downey Jr and Tom Sizemore, slightly predictable but a good all-round family film. If you liked Ghost and Scrooged, this is along the same lines, ghosts communicating with a human counterpart.
on 18 July 2017
Very good item, delivered on time.
on 31 July 2017
Love this film. Great story.
on 27 October 2013
I love this film and was so happy to get my DVD copy - having not watched it for several years it didn't disappoint and was still as magical as ever. The characters will live with you forever as they are all so beautiful. Robert Downey Jr's performance is one of my favourites. I would recommend this film to all as it is truly a feel good film.
on 20 June 2008
This is a really good film to watch with the family. There is no violence, swearing or inappropriate behaviour. The cast are all excellent and well directed. It is a real heart warmer which will also make you smile. I confess to still getting tears in my eyes during one scene no matter how many times I have seen it. And the way Robert Downey Jr takes on the characters of his ghost friends is superb and very funny. This is a film that I will never tire of watching because there is so much to it.
on 29 March 2005
i saw this movie as a wee child, and i loved it! i would sing hug a bug bear and walk like a man all the time... wooo oo o oo o oo ooooHH..walk like a man... i was thrilled when i found the dvd on amazon, especially at such a reasonable price, its the best day ever!!! x x x
on 2 September 2015
This will now be my second review and for my response please read my first review as they are both the same. Thank you.
on 6 July 2007
This film has only been available on Region 1 NTSC for quite a while, but now at last on Region 2. If you haven't got a multiregion player this film is worth the wait. The beginning can seem a little slow but it turns into one of the best feel-good movies I've seen. Very good casting, in particular Robert Downey Jr, who can act the pants off most male actors, & great direction makes this film a entertaining & worthwhile purchase.
on 7 February 2005
I HAVE BEEN HUNTING DOWN THIS DVD FOR A LONG TIME AND WHEN I FOUND IT ON AMAZON I JUST HAD TO BUY IT. THE STORY OF THIS MOVIE IS GREAT THE ACTORS ARE GREAT AND I RECOMEND THIS MOVIE TO ANY ONE THAT LOVES THE TYPE OF FILMS YOU LIKE TO SEE ON A SUNDY MORNING IN BED. ITS GREAT