Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Blind Boys of Alabama Shop now Fitbit Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now

Customer reviews

on 14 March 2016
The copy I have just received (on the PICKWICK label PWKS 4182) has the following track listing:

1. DAYDREAM - The Lovin' Spoonful
15. WATERLOO SUNSET - The Kinks
16. HAPPY TOGETHER - The Turtles
17. LET'S GO TO SAN FRANCISCO - The Flowerpot Men
18. WOODSTOCK - Matthews Southern Comfort

All Original recordings - Fantastic collection.

I dont know if this part of a boxed-set collection, as the previous reviewer had a track listing that differed from this one but with same cover. However, this is the right track listing for the copy I have just received
on 12 June 2011
Well yes... maybe that's a bit over the top, as it were.
But, let's face it... we've all bought those ghastly re-cordings by some of the original members... no names, no pack-drill etc..
This little lot ain't bad at all. From what one gathers, a lot of the money goes on the artwork and booklet, which in this case is, erm, so-so. Mind you,you get what you pay for (sometimes, though, to paraphrase The Second Law of Thermodynamics... You do well to break even...)
But, I digress. A neat little collection and very good value for the money. And you don't need me to critique the tracks; you all know them off by heart. Buy.
on 28 February 2012
I bought this cd primarily for 6 songs which I was particularly looking for, and although there are a further 6 tracks on the cd which I already have, having albums by the respective artists, I still enjoy listening to them. As for the remaining 6 tracks, there are 5 I particularly enjoy, but 1 track I prefer another bands version of.

The tracks I was looking for were by: Scott McKensie, Matthews Southern Comfort, The Flowerpot Men, The Zombies, Thunderclap Newman and Status Quo. The 6 artists I already have in my collection are: The Mama's and Papa's, The Lovin' Spoonful, The Small Faces, The Move, Judy Collins and The Yardbirds. The other 5 tracks I enjoyed are by: Procol Harum, Love, Buffalo Springfield, The Fifth Dimension and Shocking Blue; with the remaining track by Vanilla Fudge, which I don't enjoy as much as the rest of the album.

All in all a good album to reflect upon times which I enjoyed originally, and the recordings of the tracks still sound good to me, after all these years.
on 26 July 2014
excellent compilation album at a great price with quick delivery.
spot on service, thank you
on 29 January 2009
Many of the best AND my favorites for the period 1966 to 1969. ALL good - no 'fillers' here!
on 10 May 2016
Great service would use again.
on 17 January 2017