Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 11 August 2017
Best album ever. Performances are fantastic, every live track is better than the studio version, and a fantastic recording / reproduction especially considering this is a live album. Please, please, please release this on vinyl.
on 16 June 2017
Superb album, Sia at her finest, love it.
on 8 May 2007
Sia is widely known for her ethereal voice from chill-out group Zero 7. 'Lady Croissant' is Sia's first live CD recorded live at Bowery Ballroom in New York.

'Pictures' is the studio track which is much more upbeat than her usual stuff a really sweet song what a great song- about trying to let go of someone that has hurt you though you still love them. but maybe, no matter how hard you try the thought of her stays with you because you believe they're the one.

The live album really starts with the fantastic song 'Don't Bring Me Down' one of my favourite all time songs the song isn't as intimate and fragile as the album version the song is about coming down from being on Exstacy and feeling depressed and low. I love it, theres not much change with her voice as a inclination that she is just a natural singer.

'Destiny' is a song that was made famous by Zero 7 she sings the song with Sophie Barker on the album but on this it's just her on her own great version.

'Blow It All Away' was from her debut and one of the best songs from it!

It was a pretty loud song anyway but the live version seems to make it more personal she, as always sounds utterly fantastic the solo piano at the end kills me every time, so pretty.

'Lentil' is my favourite song it's a new song I listen to it so much it's a bit like 'Numb'

but better (even though i love 'Numb' too!). The chorus is so good i love the way the chorus' it's almost like shes mumbling the breaks into a powerful statement of "so I never meant to let you down"

I don't know if theres a studio version if there is i want to hear it!

'Numb' and 'I Go To Sleep' are two of the songs i'm not overly keen on the former is great but i prefer the studio version for some reason and the latter is a Pretenders cover which I have to say i've never been a fan of the group, it's not bad and i do listen to it but could have sung 'Rewrite' or 'Sweet Potato' in it's place.

'Breathe Me' starts off a bit like Cat Power's song 'Maybe Not' i almost didn't recognize it now I like many other people LOVE this song but I didn't feel as touched by this version at the album even though it is one of the most beautifully honest songs ever recorded I think people take to this song because every one on the planet feels like this we all are vulnerable,insecure and scared people if anyone says otherwise is probably lying, Love this song, she truly captured raw emotion.

The last track is a great one and a favourite of mine 'Distractions' was my first taster of Sia a few years ago i was watching VH1 and the video came on and fell in love instantly, the live version is great towards the end of the song you hear the real power in her voice i was utterly blown away after the song finished i smiled like a Cheshire cat!

Top 5

1.Lentil

2.Distractions

3.Breathe Me

4.Don't Bring Me Down

5.Pictures

Now if your like me and love anything this woman ever does then i suggest you venture into buying her live set although it only has 9 tracks it's definitely enough, she is truly a remarkable artists support her!.
on 25 August 2017
Numb 5/5
I Go To Sleep 5/5
Breathe Me 5/5
Distractions 5/5
This is a great album of Sia doing what she does best, singing beautiful songs in her own haunting and captivating style. There is a good mix of songs here, the first being a new studio track and the others live. 'Breathe me' is as fantastic as ever and 'Distractions' is simply superb. This is great for late at night, chilling to and completely relaxing with her beautiful voice. Well worth a go, if you're new to Sia or already completely hooked.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
on 25 September 2007
I'm lucky enough to have seen Sia perform live twice and I have to say I find her stage presence absolutely mesmerising. She seems to be able to communicate strength while combining it with the appeal of vunerability.
This album combines some of her work from previous albums, picking out a few of her best, such as 'Destiny' which she did with zero seven and 'Blow it all away' from her, 'Healing is difficult' album and mixes them with a few new tracks. I particularly love, 'lentil' and her cover of the Pretenders, 'I go to sleep' which is sung with so much emotion that it is almost painfully beautiful to listen to. It is just a shame there are only nine tracks to enjoy, encore sia!!!!I can't commend Sia more, once you've become entranced by her original lyrics and voice she may become somewhat of an obsession. I'm longing for some new material!
on 22 June 2011
I dont like leaving bad reviews as I think unless you have something positive or constructive to say, then dont. However listening to this album as I type, it has provoked me to add this warning to future buyers. I'm not going into the songs on this album, as other reviewers have covered them better than I could.

This album is ruined for me by the appalling mastering of this CD - the sound is atrocious!
What is immediately obvious is that all the instruments and vocals are crammed into the centre without any sense of space and air between them, normally associated with live performances.

There is no definition to the instruments and at times its difficult to tell exactly what instruments are being played. However, my biggest gripe is with the bass. The bass is muddy, boomy and distorting.
How was this recorded? I find it hard to believe this was mixed in a studio with proper reference gear and not by someone with apple ibuds? If I hadn't actually bought the CD myself, I would have believed that what I was listening to was a low bitrate download!

I would give this album 5* and it would be among my favourite live albums if it wasnt for the very, very poor mastering.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
on 31 July 2007
Lady Croissiant is everything Colour the Small One should have been. Her live performance is both powerful and enchanting. The tracks that failed to inspire on the studio album come to life when performed live. The addition of a couple of Zero 7 classics and a Pretenders cover add to the mix, and you find that 8 live tracks is simply not satisfactory. If you are a Zero 7 follower curious about Sia's post Zero 7 work, then I recommend this CD.
on 3 April 2010
After having seen her performance at the David Letterman's show, I was already convinced that her great singing skills are even more evident when performing live.
What you can already perceive listening to a studio record is truly increased in this exhibition where Sia's voice is able to transmit emotions with every note and gives you the illusion to be between that lucky audience which saw her in NYC. To pick up just two tracks, I would chooose "Blow It All Away" and "Breath me".
Highly recommended to Sia's fans but also for everyone who looks for singers wih a soul.