on 30 July 2017
Quality of movies is great, however there are quite a number of inaccuracies along the way. Especially with the apocalypse.
on 21 October 2017
its good, but theres no Isaiah dvd. my husband likesisiaih.
on 29 March 2017
Great set
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 7 November 2016
If you're after a collection of biblical films, presenting several stories of the Old and New Testament's, then this is something you should consider buying. There are two versions available: (1) Complete Bible Box Set for about £50, featuring all 17 movie-length instalments; and (2) Complete Bible Box Set (The Bible Collection), i.e. this item, for about £15, featuring 13 of the instalments. So, the former version contains more, but is a lot pricier. As I was happy with the less expensive option, that's what I selected. It's a European release, and you need to select English as a language.

It consists of 15 DVD's (as some of the instalments are a few hours long, and require more than one disc). These films were produced throughout the 1990's, and some are now showing their age (e.g. pretty poor special effects). But the stories themselves are well told, and the acting is - on the whole - excellent.

The complete set includes:

The Bible Collection Vol.14 Mary Magdalene
The Bible Collection Vol.15 Judas
The Bible Collection Vol.16 Thomas
The Bible Collection Vol.17 Joseph of Nazareth

However, this version doesn't include volumes 14, 15, 16 and 17.

If you're looking for made-for-TV movies of the Bible stories, this box set is highly recommended.
on 18 April 2011
have been realy excited by some of the dvds but some of them were a bit misleading according to the accuracy of the original text of the bible.

have been informative by back ground history & the costumes worn made things quite authentic .In all enjoyed most of them & would recomend to be seen
on 17 September 2013
I struggle to read the Old Testament of the bible so bought this series to help me and it really does. It brings the characters to life and makes it easier for me to retain the stories and names in my head. I am sure there is some artistic license involved but it adds the human touch. I have just watched Joseph and cried. It is very well acted and I find if I read the story in my bible afterwards it is fairly accurate.
I haven't seen the whole series so far but to date have found them all enjoyable. Genesis was a bit slow but don't be put off the others are better. I am just a little disappointed that the 'apocalypse' is set in old times rather than modern day as it would have made more sense for the rapture, but I haven't yet watched it so shouldn't be too critical.
Overall I am very pleased with this box set. It is expensive but worth the money for what you get. The stories are well told and well acted and truly make the bible characters come alive.
on 16 June 2017
I HAVE NOT HAD A CHANCE TO VIEW THE DVD'S YET SO CANNOT COMMENT ON THEM BUT THOUGHT IT WORTH MENTIONING THE CASE THE SET COMES IN.THE SINGLE PLASTIC CONTAINER CONTAINS 8 SPINDLES TO ACCOMODATE 15 DISCS.THE RESULT IS THAT ON 7 SPINDLES THE ARE TWO DISCS-ONE ON TOP OF THE OTHER.
THE FIT IS TIGHT AND IT IS NOT EASY TO REMOVE A DISC SO YOU WILL HAVE TO BE CAREFUL TO AVOID DAMAGE.
on 15 November 2013
I was expecting something a bit more sharp - story and pictures
I gave it to my pastor who will perhpas use it for kids at church.

I will not recommend it - it is not a thorough work and quality doesn't match the price
on 29 December 2016
4 Stars only because it's not biblically accurate but like the movie says it does keep to the spirit of the Bible. Other than that it's a great modern film to share Gods Word at a time many are biblically illiterate.
on 1 July 2010
Excellent set and a good price. The films are all top class with well known actors in them, I have not watched them all yet, but have enjoyed all the one's I watched.