on 9 October 2009
I bought two of these and they have been great. Not plasticy or noisy on the bed and thin enough to get another sheet over the top easily.
Wash and dry very well.
When our daughter became potty trained she then didn't want to wear pully-ups or nappies in bed, and because she was only 2 we didn't have any expectations that she would stay dry through the night. These sheets are ideal - they feel soft on the upper side and so are really comfortable for the child.

They have never allowed liquid through so far, and her bed underneath has always remained dry. Fortunately she only took about 3 weeks to become dry about 95% of the time at night and we don't have to keep washing them constantly. But I did find that the sheet did take longer than most items to dry after washing.

In summary, these sheets really do work, and they are comfortable / not noticeable on the bed. They take slightly longer than expected to dry.
on 5 January 2011
OK, this product is the best on the market and that is why they can charge what they do. I am frustrated. How hard can it be for another brand to produce something similar? It is, afterall, only a sheet with a plastic/ rubbery backing. I spent £156 on just four of these for my kingsize bed. My baby has 3 for her cot bed too. They are fantastic. Providing they continue to wash well they will eventually be worth their money! I never use them as just a sheet as I don't think continual washing is a good idea.
They are lovely and soft and don't crinkle. They are not likely to split either, like the horrid cheap ones. I want the best for my babies and if you want to protect a quality mattress and ensure your baby is comfortable then these are for you. They lose a star because I am bitter... they are simply too expensive. Are they worth the money? Probably not, but I love them and you will love them too, just not the price.
A good 6 months of use later I have come back to edit this review. I still stand by all I have said but I have noticed that the fit is really not too good! I think after the first wash they must shrink a little, or maybe they are always too small I just didn't noticed until I had washed them! It says you can wash at 60 and tumble... I have only ever washed these at 40, on a low spin and air dried them. I also always use a bed sheet on top, so I don't change the protector at every bed change, unless soiled or dribbled on of course! If I fit this properly with the waterproof area covering the mattress from edge to edge then I am left with a curled up mattress - think rocking horse! Hmmm. The only way to overcome this is to fold the elasticated edge under less so.... meaning that the mattress is not fully protected all the way round. It is a problem at the sides and at the head and foot of the mattress. The same applies to my Kingsize ones. I really feel as if I am stretching them to their limits and I can't even get them underneath at all! My mattress is fairly deep (but my cotbed one isn't!) You would assume anyone purchasingthese over priced essentials as more likely to have a decent quality mattress and it is a shame that these are not manufactured to allow for this! :( I would still buy them though, I shall just continue to swear as I fit them!
11 Comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 August 2010
I got this item after purchasing the terry towel version of the same product. The terry towel protector is great and a 5 star item but this item comes in 'brushed cotton' and although it saves accidents very well I was left disappointed with the finish of the item. The stitching is poor and when the protector was put onto the mattress the waterproof part was short by an inch all around and the stitching looks as though it will come apart with the pressure of being stretched over the mattress. I would recommend the terry towel fitted protector for anyone who wants this item.
on 14 July 2013
I am currently potty training my daughter in the day, however she keeps taking her sleep time nappy off. After trying everything from sewing up her baby grows to putting them on backwards, she is too wise and can still escape and remove her nappy. Now with the really hot weather we are having, she doesnt want to be wearing much to sleep, so the 'Houdini Suit' is no longer an option. These sheets mean that if she does insist on removing her nappy, I know her mattress will be fully protected, it is the compromise I have had to make, until this phase passes.

I have just purchased her a new mattress and didn't want to ruin it, like her previous mattress, so also bought two of these mattress protectors. They have fully protected her bed each time she has decided to go au natural, and I really couldn't rate them enough. They feel soft like brushed cotton, and could be used as the actual fitted sheet, I however still put a further fitted sheet on top. I would recommend having two in stock, one on and one in the wash, to ensure full protection during this training period.

Great product and definitely worth the money, and as close to a regular sheet as possible with full waterproof benefits.
on 18 December 2009
This is the first time using this product and it has been very useful as I had just bought a new cot for my baby boy. Even though he is in nappies after a full night sometimes they have leaked through, this has saved the mattress from becoming soaked with nappy leakage and also milk from my son's bottle.
on 2 September 2009
Brilliant. Just what I wanted. Is a real fitted sheet and my daughter hasn't realised there's a waterproof lining underneath as it feels like a sheet rather than all plasticy and horrible. Washes well, tumble dries and fits her cot bed perfectly. Perfect!
on 17 November 2009
This mattress protector is excellent. It is so soft but yet waterproof. It is not like a lot of others that are crackly and noisy to sleep on. My toddler has already been sick in her bed and it didn't go through to her mattress. Excellent product.
on 31 May 2010
Bought this after reading other peoples good reviews and I haven't been disappointed yet. It fits really well to the cot bed mattress - we have a Boori so the mattress dimensions are different to other cot beds on the market. It is not at all plasticy or crinkly,allowing baby to roll around and not wake themselves up with the noise off the waterproof mattress protector. It's breathable, so doesn't make them too hot and sweaty either. Admittedly, it's not had the full road test yet with wetting accidents or vomitting but I am confident that it will stand up to these things when they happen. I would recommend to friends and family.
on 4 September 2012
This 2 in 1 mattress protector and fitted junior bed sheet is really great. Very good quality, nice finishing and it is absolutely essential part of any toddler bedding. Highly recommended!