on 15 October 2011
Excellent quality BUT...
...as it had been mentioned by another reviewer, I checked the connections and indeed THEY ARE THE WRONG WAY ROUND. When I learned such things, it was that Ring = Red = Right. But on the cable that I received, the Ring connector on the jack is wired to the Black labelled RCA phono connector. Easily checked with a meter, and easily changed - if you have a v. small jewellers-type screwdriver. Just loosen the tiny screw on the outer metal sleeve of the phono connectors and interchange them. Hope this helps.
55 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 July 2012
I ordered one of the cables some time ago and was so pleased with them that I have replaced all of the cables in my home studio. Don't be fooled by the price, this range of "Digital" cables are very good value for money. Though the name Digital is a little confusing as they are analogue cables, just a brand name.
on 16 August 2010
When I originally purchased these cables I always thought (upto a certain value) all cables where made the same.

I have purchased cable at £50 / metre before for high end systems but never was too picky about lower end cables.

This purchase was purely made on cost and when the cable arrived I was pleasantly surprised by its quality.

I assumed that the plugs would be made of cheap plastic but it turns out that they are made of robust metal and the sound quality is of a cable atleast 5x its price.
on 11 August 2010
Does exactly what it should, seems sturdy, has metal housing are the cable ends, don't notice any interference, would recommend
on 13 October 2008
I bought two of these recently. Build quality is reasonable. Audio quality is acceptable (understandably limited by such a long cable, but excellent for the price!).

There's a lot of attention to making the cable look like its better quality than it really is, but all in all, it is excellent value for money and lets me plug the laptop in to the amp from way across the room!
on 10 May 2012
These cables are fine for your average stereo system and seem sturdy enough. However, as a couple of other people have noted it is strange that the Left/Right does not follow the traditional colouring system. If you connect the red cable to the red on your stereo you will get the left signal out of the right speaker and vice versa. Obviously, if you are aware of this you can just swop the connections around (I wouldn't go to all the fuss of rewiring them as one reviewer suggested but maybe I'm just lazy!)
Also having DIGITAL written on it is just silly, as this type of cable carries an analogue signal.
on 21 November 2011
After many an hour spent browsing the web for an aux to phono cable, I finally came across this one, and at first was fairly skeptical, as high quality cables often cost you a bunch. Alas, I read some reviews, and decided to go ahead and order this cable, and I must say I was not to be disappointed whatsoever! It looks amazing with its silver coloured ends, and its gold plated jacks, and most of all the sound quality it gives is amazing on my Wharfdale Speakers, and also with a Panasonic TV. I cannot find any reason to give this cable any less than five stars, so well done Cable Mountain!
on 10 October 2014
Audio quality is ok, but the silver is just a cap over the plastic plugs. The ones that I purchased, had the Red cap and the Black cap switched, so left channel was marked right and right channel was marked left. This was fixed by unscrewing the silver caps and swapping them over, but still pretty ridiculous to begin with by marking the wrong channels on the cable.
on 1 April 2013
Bought this cable to hook my ipod dock to my home cinema kit and it does the job perfectly.. Solid construction and excellent quality.. Don't get caught out by those expensive monster cables etc.. get this instead! much much better.. :)
review image
on 14 October 2011
I bought these cables to connect my iPhone to my stereo, and they work brilliantly, feel solid, and very well made. Not knowing the price, I would guess these cost at least four times what I paid.