Trixie Parla scratching post 62 cm, platinum grey
Colour: Platinum Grey|Change

on 25 January 2018
Bought to replace an identical unit which had been slowly destroyed over time by our scratch loving moggy. Buying this was more cost effective than buying a replacement post (figure that one out). Swapped the old worn out unit for this shiny new one and the cat gave it a good going over as soon as he saw it. These are quite tall which is good for our cat as he's quite large and loves to stretch out right to the top.
9 people found this helpful
on 5 July 2017
The Scratch Post was easy to build. Not a problem. One screw, using an alan key pulled the post and the base together. There was a small dent in the post but hey, what's a dent when the post is potentially going to get torn to shreds eh?

YES... well, POTENTIALLY was the word. The wee furry man never looked at it. Wouldn't let me take him over to it. He's just a wee weirdo. I bought him a Scratch And Slide, and that got the stink eye as well.

He was a stray so I don't know if that has something to do with it. Mmmm, maybe too much sunshine on the brain pan. All those nights out on the ran dan... Cats can be such brats... We do love'em, oh yes we do, hot damn! (TM)

Anyway, the point is, zero for Boabie (The Cat) and well, since it hasn't been used yet, all I can comment on is how easy it was to build.

So, build ability 10/10

I shall return if the Boabster ever gets around to leaving my bedroom carpet alone and tearing into the scratch post.
review imagereview imagereview image
6 people found this helpful
on 10 December 2017
I already have one of these that's a couple years old, but as I moved to a new house I needed a second to put on the second floor and hopefully protect the new sofas. My Loki loves these posts, he's used the original one every day, and when he saw the new one appear in the lounge he knew exactly what to do!
They are a good size for him, and he is a large cat, as he likes to stretch his back at the same time. Honestly the original post is still in daily use even after 2-3 years, the sisel has broken in one place, he's a strong make cat and really pulls while stretching, but I'm sure a bit of glue will give it a few more years! The base is still perfect like new, Loki does like to scratch the base too. It became invaluable when moving house, as he's put so much of his scent into it (from scent glands in cats paws) that he immediately recognized it and acclimatised better to the new home.
I'm really happy with my posts, and so is Loki. They are his furniture to rub, scratch and play as he wants, and he's more confident knowing his posts are there (he can be nervous and timid cat).
5 people found this helpful
on 8 April 2017
Our previous cat scratching post was well used and rather small so we treated our cats to this new one. This is a much taller and more solid post and they used it as soon as I put it together. It is sturdy and has a good sturdy base so doesn't tip when they scratch it and they are both big cats.
6 people found this helpful
on 22 May 2017
Cat loves it. Very sturdy Good strong square base and cat pulls on the whole length of the post without it wobbling. Previously had posts with circular bases but he easily pulls these over (he's a big lad) and as a result he can only scratch at the bottom portion to stop it falling. This is great value for money and stands quite tall so I'm sure it will give many months of happy scratching and play.
3 people found this helpful
on 12 December 2017
I purchased a new sofa and didn’t want my cats ruining it by clawing at the arms so I purchased this. They have had many cat scratch posts but many of them are quite small or unsteady so they tend not to use them, I am very impressed with this post, it’s much taller than others I have previously purchased (my cats are large toms) and it is very sturdy and gets a lot of use which also means my new sofa hasn’t been scratched. Very happy
2 people found this helpful
on 14 June 2017
Got a cat who scratches furniture. Bought a new sofa and this post ( screw was included). She wouldn't use it. I wasn't keen on catnip spray but, 1 spray later its all claws a go go! She now uses post. Happy 🐱 and happy owner. Thankyou.
4 people found this helpful
on 17 March 2018
Got this for my two new cats who had started scratching the carpet as they're not allowed out yet. Couple of squirts of my favourite catnip spray and they got the idea straight away. It's solid and tall - the male cat is quite big and loves stretching right up it. Really good coarse string and they rub their heads against it like bears. Works well on their claws and must be well glued on as none has come off yet.

By the way, this is the spray - works every time - https://www.amazon.co.uk/KONG-CCS-Catnip-Spray-30ml/dp/B001U8CED2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521307075&sr=8-1&keywords=catnip+spray&dpID=41NBca-vSiL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
on 24 September 2016
Great little scratching post. Very quick assembly; the unit arrives in 2 parts - the base and the post, with a fixing bolt and hex key included - all put together in a couple of minutes. Slightly taller than previous posts we have bought, but also a larger base to prevent the unit from toppling over. Thicker than average covering on the base too. Very pleased with this and our kitten has already claimed this as his - our other cat was too slow getting his claws into it - literally!
2 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 6 July 2017
I bought this for around the £12 Mark. I've seen scratching posts for around £8 in shops but they've been smaller. However I do think this product is worth the money. I'd buy the large size again. My cats a kitten and she climbs up the post and sits at the top. She'll use it about 15 times a day both on her own and when I play with her around it. I can make her chase string up and down the post. It stops her clawing at the curtains. Well made product. Quick delivery.
review imagereview image