on 16 July 2013
I added Superman Returns to my collection of Superman films im a superman fanatic! Fast delivery and totally love the film THANKS!
on 3 September 2006
Being a fan of the first Superman films, and enjoying the lively nature of the relationship between Lois and Clark/Superman, I was dissapointed by the poor display from our two leading characters. With Reeves as Superman he smiles, laughes, shows he's upset, happy and generally has character and personality, as does Kidder as Lois Lane. I felt that all these qualities were lacking from our two new stars. Superman and Clark appear very wooden and hence it was hard to become truly interested in what happened to them. Many of the previous incarnations of Superman worked because the characters showed emotions and feelings. And although there were a few moments during the film where I felt it could have taken off - they failed to materialize. Overall, it could have been soooo good, and ends up being average. If there is a second installment, and I hope there is, it could lift the whole film if the two main charaters were allowed to show more emotion.
on 4 October 2010
Brandon Routh is so good in this role. The way it has been filmed fits the legend of Superman and the era in which it is meant to take place. I loved it, but then I love the Superman stories.
on 29 December 2006
Those who have complained about this not being realistic, what are you on? It's Superman, so it's not based on reality. I thought the film was great, good storyline, and better acting, newcomer Brandon Routh certainly plays Clark Kent well, and Kate Bosworth is a fantastic Lois Lane. A Must Have!
on 27 August 2010
I am so disappointed that the planned trilogy has been scrapped. Brandon Routh was fantastic in the lead role and I wanted to see so much more of Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor. This movie had everything, action, romance, fantastic special effects and a great cast. What more could anyone ask for?
on 31 July 2013
received with thanks as expected, ` superman is great and is amazing to watch over and over every day . `i love it
on 5 December 2012
came in great time and great price my son was pleased!! nine 9 more words required?? nine more words required
on 12 May 2007
I remember going to see this last year after seeing the trailers and reading reviews that ranged from average to brilliant. My hopes were high and that it would be another Batman Begins to me.

I was very dissappointed. See in the Christopher Reeve original (which is 145 minutes) there is a more interesting script that manages to keep you hooked for it's 137 minutes (145 minutes in the uncut version). The acting between Christopher Reeve and Margot Kidder is superb as Superman and Lois Lane should be. Gene Hackman hammed it up a little too much but I find his Lex Luthor is given a more interesting part in the story. I could go on about the original but I won't.

Brandon Routh makes a pretty good Clark Kent/Superman as does Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor although he wouldn't have been my first choice. However Lex is more sinister in this version and given less screen time than he had in the original, meaning his plans aren't given enough development for the audience. Kate Bosworth looks too young to be Lois Lane given the amount she's supposed to have done in her career as a reporter. She is also not feisty at all, something of which Lois always is. There is no chemistry between Lois and Clark/Supes and although there are some nice special effects in the rescue scenes, a large part of the film is focused on the relationship between Lois and Clark, something which isn't handled very well.

This is miles better than Superman 4 but still not as good as the first three Reeve epics.
on 25 September 2016
GOOD!
on 12 February 2013
a classic dvd to add to my collection and to finish my set would recommend this to a friend good watch