on 26 December 2015
DVD Great. Service Excellent.
on 20 July 2014
I was disappointed I thought it would be a l bit more gory but it wasn't to bad to watch
on 12 November 2013
this film was for the amator film maker among you as it was a master class in how to not to do it.
on 29 November 2012
good film different take on the genre still worth watching worth recommending if you like different take on the vampire film
on 17 November 2009
This is a powerful, unsettling film about the vampiric fringe of goth, and more. Definitely not for the faint of heart, stomach, or emotions; but it is oddly compelling watching the various characters' descent into - what? True vampirism, or madness? We're never too sure. Not a film I'd like to watch very often, but worth a view.
3 people found this helpful
on 28 September 2009
I didn't realise before buying this that it was filmed in the handheld camera style.
I could only stand to watch about 5 minutes before I felt sea sick and had to turn it off.
It might have been a decent film but, I couldn't watch enough of it to say so.
I wish there was some way of indicating with a film if it is filmed in this style, as Cloverfield went the same way, straight into the bin!
5 people found this helpful
on 19 May 2009
I've read mixed reviews about this one, so was a bit skeptical going into it. But I'm really glad I did.

Some of the criticisms have talked about the acting, and the script. That's quite disappointing to read, because it's clear that some people have such a narrow field of reference. We've all been brought up on a slew of Hollywood films, and too often we let it interfere with our accepting something remotely different.

So beware some of you out there, there are English accents in this movie! And the "acting" is naturalistic - as though the people aren't acting - WHICH WAS CLEARLY THE INTENTION.

Sorry to have to spell it out, I feel foolish doing so, but the fact is some folk out there are just so petty and fickle. How can we expect horror to progress when we keep demanding the same things over and over?

Anyway, having said all that, I kid you not, this was a five star experience for me. It's a horror/drama really. It's not setting out to be especially scary, since the main idea behind the plot here is that there really are vampires, and they have a life to live too. Think of it as a "day in the life of a vampire" and you'll have the right idea.

Yes it uses a first person view through the lens of a camera, so don't confuse this with the likes of Blair Witch - it's going for something different.

The lead is played by Anna Walton - and she might well be the most beautiful woman around at this time. So she's very very easy to watch. She can also act, and her performance here is terrific. I'll be keeping my eye out for her.

There's not a lot for gorehounds, and those wanting some titillation might well be satisfied with the soft core lesbian scenes. However, there's a lot more going on here.

So I say - get this and keep an open mind. I thought it was terrific throughout. Don't listen to the naysayers - it's very easy to criticize and be sarcastic in a poor attempt at humour. Why not give younger filmmakers a chance, huh?

I was thoroughly entertained and intrigued. Excellent job everyone involved!
22 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 24 August 2007
If you imagine a cross between The Blair Witch Project and Jose Ramon Larraz' 'Vampyres', then you will get the idea. The device of using a documentary-making central character is retrodden to excuse some very amateurish acting (amateur=realistic), indeed there are any number of deficiencies - BUT the energy and enthusiasm of all involved gives 'Vampire Diary' a superb dynamism that carries the viewer through to the satifying conclusion. The film works both as a Lesbian romance and as a Vampire shocker and should attract a very diverse audience.
17 people found this helpful
on 16 May 2009
I thought it was good at first but it just got worse and worse and in the end it was so bad I switched it off. I agree with the other reviewers that it was a complete waste of my time. The story is confusing and the characters are not likable and their actions are not plausible. The only good thing I can say is that there is some beautiful photography in the film. The hand-held camera documentary style wasn't as irritating as I expected but all in all this is a dreadful film. Avoid it!
2 people found this helpful
on 8 February 2008
Not good, not good at all. Acting is terrible and totally unrealistic, the story itself wouldn't have been so bad if it had been played in a more realistic way. It is shot entirely in a home video type style which does nothing to enhance the film and it does not excuse the shoddy acting. Don't waste your money on this one unless the small amount of girl on girl action, the only bits well shot sadly, has you interest. Not even worth renting.
9 people found this helpful