on 3 January 2013
In the past I have had Hunter wellies that have lasted for several years however the last two pairs that I have bought haven't even lasted a year. The first pair cracked after just 7 months and then leaked, the pair I have now just leak after about 9 months of wear. These are an expensive product, the reason I have continued to buy them is because they fit so well but that's not a lot of use when your feet are soaking wet ! Hunter you really need to improve your product as at one time your name stood for quality, now it's just an expensive designer label on a poor quality product.
on 17 November 2014
So disappointed -they started leaking after 3 months. Bought them as a special birthday gift to last a lifetime as I have had mine for 20 years but mine were 'Made in Scotland', Hunters have always been expensive but total value for money as they are very comfortable and last forever.
The new boots are poor quality. Hunter, please go back to making them in UK-people will pay for quality, you are harming your reputation
on 12 August 2014
These wellies did not last as long as original "Made in Scotland" wellies - I think the quality has been sacrificed. On the plus side, they are damned comfortable. On the negative side, these started leaking after 6 months (worn every day for 1-2 hours) where my little toe wore through the side of the wellie. My old pair lasted years with the same use. Amazon only warranty the product for 30 days, but Hunters did come good with a replacement pair. These next pair, I will wear with welly socks to try to extend the life a little.
on 27 March 2015
I bought these for my husband to replace the pair he'd had for years but had to send the first pair back and get the bigger size as they were too small. It wasn't a problem, as Amazon despatched the new pair the same day. Unfortunately he'd only had them a few months when they split. For the price you pay for Hunters I think you should expect them to last longer than this. The old green wellies I bought about 10 years ago for less than a tenner are still going strong! To be fair the Hunters do look nicer but not thrilled with the quality.
on 12 April 2012
I bought these boots as a present for the boyfriend and he loves them.He said they are very comfortable and sturdy and are perfect for the muddy walks with the pooch, which Im glad about as when I walk him I get covered in mud and scratches :(.
on 27 September 2013
I haven't had wellies since I was a kid. I got these as they are easier to clean than my walking boots. They were a great price, and in my size too. The delivery was quick, and as usual with Amazon, well packaged.

I came to try them on but I couldn't get my leg into them - I suspect the foot size was correct but didn't get that far as my calf muscle wouldn't go into the tall leg part. I am what you would call a 'rugby' player build; I have to get jeans 2 sizes too big so they fit my thighs :>/

Must be designed for skinny men. I sent them back and got some fully adjustable ones with a side gusset which only just fit.
on 4 November 2014
too small had to buy another pair (for the Mrs) - get a size up.

Hunter have lost their appeal with them now being mass market. There are plenty of top quality boot makers that are more durable and more suited to being romped through the woods and brambles. shame.
on 10 September 2013
I've been buying Hunter wellies for years. There's no doubt that they are very comfortable to wear however the quality of the boot has deteriorated considerably and they are nowhere near as long lasting as they used to be.
on 6 November 2013
I really wanted a pair of these boots so ordered a size 11 in green, they arrived promptly and were well packed.

However men and women beware; Theses Hunter Wellies absolutely strangled my calves to the point they were horrendously uncomfortable and I could hardly remove them from my legs, I consider myself relatively fit with just normal (and not fat) legs but these Hunter Wellies were such a let down for me and I ended up returning them.

In all fairness to Amazon they fully refunded my purchase.

Do a Google search for "Hunter Wellies tight on Calves" and you will see I am not the only complainer.

Hope this helps.
on 27 March 2013
I knew better than all the unfavourable reviews...turns out I should have believed them.

After 6 months of ownership these have died with both soles split and another split in the join at the back. I regret spending the £55 and trusting the Hunter Brand quality that no longer exists. My next pair will be Aigle or Chameau and I would advise anyone not accept a pair of Hunters unless they are free. Yet another British manufacturer to cut quality for short term profit at the cost of long term viability....