on 21 March 2016
I am very disappointed with this item. I have failed to manage to re-charge it because I cannot tell whether the thing is "on" or "off" - the on/off switch is the worst I have ever come across. It states it must be in an off position in order to change, and will take UP TO SIXTEEN HOURS! I've tried to re-charge it in both positions (I think) with no success. Threw my money away.
on 6 February 2016
Great if you want a big powerful torch, eg you can look at things 20m away with good visibility. Big so not a handy torch you'd take camping to walk down lanes to the local pub, but brilliant for home and work use and has several fixing angles if you want to leave it pointing at something while you are doing jobs etc. Highly recommend, lasts for ages between charges (days-weeks not hours).

Noticed some comments abut battery life, the instructions tell you to charge fully and discharge fully, this must make a difference because mine lasts approx 4-6 hrs between charges.
on 27 January 2017
I bought 3 of these for my partner and other family members, and have been quite disappointed with them. They constantly need charging and this is the same for all of them.
They are also not very robust, one got knocked off a kitchen counter onto a carpet tiled floor and it cracked and damaged the casing.
One now does not hold charge at all and has to constantly be charged. Really disappointed.
Have since had to return the torch twice. Would not reccomend
on 12 January 2013
The item arrived on time, good. When the box was opened I was greeted with a soaked plastic bag and the torch. After drying the area and the torch, I tried to charge it following the instructions. I could not tell if the torch on button was active or not the first time I tried to charge it for the 16 hours recommended. After the torch not working after the 16 hours of charging I then pressed the on/off button and re-charged it for another 16 hours. The torch refuses to work. I can only surmise that the wetness was probably battery acid which is why the torch would not charge or there is something wrong with the on/off button. Either way, the torch does not work, spend your money wisely.
on 20 June 2017
Sadly this has turned out to be the worst purchase from Amazon. The torch has failed on 3 counts. 1 The front lens/reflector fell off. The charger has no output. An internal wire has come adrift ( dry joints) Worst of all no reply to my email of complaint. I don' t leave bad reports.. When it first worked it was superb! blinding bright.(after an initial 24 hour charge).
on 9 May 2016
I had a million candle power lamp before but it eventually stopped working. I saw this and the price was right so I bought it. What a blinding light and feels easy in the hand and also comes with a carry cord. I have no fears of a blackout now and it's a good defence against burglars. Excellent product and arrived well on time. Highly recommended.
on 4 November 2016
I brought this touch 2 weeks ago and the handle has snapped easterly without any warning (snapped completely off) and the touch fell onto the floor and broke the bottom part of the touch where the light is. The bottom handle broke due to the strap giving way and come undone the day before the handle broke off, I am very disappointed with the build of the touch, very unhappy and now I have to buy a new and different touch.

I highly recommend you saving your money and get a decent one.

The only one a good note the product came the next day when I brought it, which was one good thing
on 12 October 2015
Not bright, does not hold charge so light goes out after just a few minutes
Very disappointed
Item now states that I cannot return, exchange or get a refund
Only purchased in May and given to my husband as birthday present in June, so not exactly old
His previous torch outshines this one and is over 30 years old
They don't make them like they used to
on 25 January 2017
I just wish I had read the reviews first - this torch is about as much use as a chocolate teapot. The battery life is about 20 mins from a full charge. The supplier does not advertise this and I think they should. I hear all what the techies above say about high power bulbs etc... and understand BUT if it has a high power bulb put a battery so it will last a useful amount of time. Please do not waste you money peoples - Silverline - this is not what am used to with your products.
on 17 October 2016
It's so much bigger than I expected. For the size its light is poor .. .small bright dot and paler larger.circle.....and its heavy.
I would send it back but it would.cost a fortune in postage
But delivery was super quick.it was well packaged and.worked.