on 5 July 2009
After seeing this product on the welcome page of Amazon, I decided to try and match it to my original.

Hasn't been used probably 15 years, but after a quick battery change it's runnning as good as new.

Many childhood memories are contained within this watch and it looks as good today as it did back then.

Does exactly what you want it to do, and very well.
Alarm is clear, stopwatch easy to use and it's childsplay to set to the right time/date.

The little watch that could...
11 Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I did read somewhere that this watch was only water resistant and not waterproof (i.e. would survive a splash but nothing more) Glad i saw this after i had purchased the watch as i wanted something for everyday use and thus waterproof. Well i have taken my watch into the shower, bath, local pool and white water kayaking and am pleased to say that these watery conditions have not affected my watch atall.
I love it - had a black plastic one in the 80's and being 38 i can enjoy being being fashionable all over again. Shame about my Rick Astley Cd's and floursecent socks though.
on 12 June 2009
Top watch can not fault it ! Please note it is advertised as being 30m water resistant, however on close inspection of the Casio instruction manual it is quoted as good for "rain and washing your hands" only and not swimming. Bit of a pain but will keep any way as I love this watch.
on 14 May 2009
If you are not bothered about bling and posing and just want a totally reliable watch, this is it. I have used them for years, they never fail. The one weakness I have found is that, after several years daily use, the case strap lugs seem to go brittle and snap off if you catch the strap on something; that's the only reason I have ever had to replace them. The backlight works, but if you need a bright backlight, go for the more expensive model.
on 22 May 2009
What most people do not realise about this Casio is that the design is almost 30 years old! When it was first released it was sold for around £150, every tech head, nerd and poser had, or wanted one.

I remember being at school in the early 1980s stood in the assembly room for the first day of term after the Christmas holidays, as soon as the hour struck you could hear these watches chime all across the room in a "guess what I got for Christmas", fashion.

I should write a book entitled "My Life As a Nerd", I reckon it will be a bestseller.
33 Comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 June 2009
This is q great reliable watch which won't let you down, it also has retro look to it & is easy to operate with simple functions including day, date, alarm, stopwatch & backlight. It also come with a 10 year battery.
I only paid £14.49 when I purchased mine form Asda which was cheaper than buying on the internet. So would recommend you buy one today.
TOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 30 September 2013
This is a very good watch; it gives most of the time oriented data that you need in terms of all the plethora of things you expect a digital watch to do. There is a very easy to read display. If you want a good watch at a good budget price then you cannot go far wrong picking this time piece.
on 30 November 2015
Ordered this but sent it back. I received the slightly different model that has alternative 'Water Resistant' markings to the front glass. The watch itself was just as expected but the slight change in appearance makes all the difference to this watch. Will probably buy it again once i get over myself.
on 23 September 2013
Buy the silver not the gold. Looks a million dollars when on and glints in the sunlight even though it doesn't have a trace of silver in it.

I often notice bods with the gold version when out and about and have a slight chuckle to myself. This one looks far better and isn't 'bling bling' but is for the discerning and discreet time keeper who likes to maintain a touch of class.

People often comment that I am harking back to the good old days. With this trusty companion you cant go wrong. It has helped me time eggs boiling countless times too.
on 3 November 2015
Absolutely fantastic product I researched these quite a lot and this product is definitely the best of the silver Casio range as this is the newest version even though they are all priced the same.

I have used the rubber Casio for about 7 years now when at work and it has been through the wars yet still looks perfect and works perfect without ever needing a battery change.

However I now work indoors and fancied a work watch that looked a litter nicer and this is perfect.
review image