Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Paloma Faith Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

1,532
TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-Port Unmanaged Gigabit Desktop Switch
Format: Accessory|Change

on 17 March 2017
I got the version that allows management via a web interface, glad I did as I didn't want a Windows only management version.

I have only used it as a dumb switch so far with a port reserved for mirroring traffic on a piece of work that required that and it did he job well.

I plan to set up some QoS and VLANs when I get some time and will report back if any issues.
on 4 November 2017
Perfect. I needed to buy this to create a VLAN network in my house to prevent a HDMI sender from pinging every single port in my home network.

They aren't lying when they call it the "Easy Smart". Plug it in, use the software on any PC connected to the network and the configuration is so easy to follow that even a novice like me can create VLAN networks solving all of my home network problems.

No speed drops when I replaced my regular GB switch out with this one and a week on it's still running great!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 18 August 2016
Great little unit technically and smart enough to use in the home. It looks too delicate for commercial use but otherwise this is an excellent bit of kit on the desktop or fixed to a wall by the screw slots on the rear. It allows me to take connections from the router and the full bridge modem so that I can read the modem statistics under live conditions
on 10 July 2017
I bought this because my Canon network printer was getting very slow via WiFi, and occasionally not being recognised by my Pcs or iPad. I had a hunch that a wired Ethernet connection might improve things, and that proved to be very much the case. The printer has since been 100% reliable, and fast to start printing. I had been concerned about the efficiency of the switch, but with five ports connected it only draws 1 watt or 2 VA from the mains.
Currently the switch is resting on my desk, but there are holes on the base to allow it to be hung from the wall, which I might do in the future.
on 3 July 2017
Performs well, looks good and discreet, especially if all your ethernet cables are also black. No issues with bandwidth splitting between 4 devices. Can run off 5v usb power cable. Works well in TV-centric setup between console, set top box etc.
on 14 October 2017
Bought this for my brother to connect his behind the tv stuff and I run it from an HD powerline. It works very well and nothing to set up. Just plug everything in. Tip: buying multi-coloured cables makes it much easier to idenify what goes where.
on 24 March 2016
Nice product the TL - SG1008D V6 sits nicely on my shelf next to the other 5 port version. Lights are nice and small. Not glaringly blinking at you in the dark of night.

Like all modern plastic and being black, you notice the dust more. These replaced other well know units from different manufactures. Use less power and do a great job.
on 16 October 2017
Great quality and works well. I was having streaming issues on home WiFi so decided to hardwire everything and this did the trick. It's metal made and feels good quality and now all my network runs smoothly and trouble free.
on 11 May 2016
TP-Link make some rather good Hardware, I already purchased one of these when I was running out of Ports on my Virgin Media Superhub 3, it is small and compact that will fit anywhere! My son got his 1st Desktop PC and Yes they can be Daisychained without loosing any Speed from your Wired Internet Connection......I Highly recommend this Switch to anyone
on 4 October 2017
I have this connected to a Google Wifi puck in an upstairs bedroom and am getting the full 165 Mbps speed my provider (Virgin Media) is supplying on every attached device. It's very small and lights but very capable indeed. Very happy.