Customer reviews

1,485
Format: Accessory|Change

on 29 September 2016
Replaced an older Tenda switch in my home office. Good quality as you'd expect from TPLink. Seems to auto negotiate with 1GB connections better than my old switch (was hit or miss sometime and only offer 100mb). Works fine with all my wired devices. Only thing I miss compared to my old switch is the differing light colours to show 10/100/1000mb type connections. Its quite lightweight, so my cables sometimes pull it towards the edge of the desk, so you might need to stick it down with some velcro. Otherwise, decent SOHO type switch.
on 17 March 2017
I got the version that allows management via a web interface, glad I did as I didn't want a Windows only management version.

I have only used it as a dumb switch so far with a port reserved for mirroring traffic on a piece of work that required that and it did he job well.

I plan to set up some QoS and VLANs when I get some time and will report back if any issues.
on 1 July 2017
Does exactly what it says on the packaging.
Arrives in a pleasantly curved plastic chassis, with an attractive shiny top (which I suspect will scratch in no time but you can't expect anything else from plastic!) and power supply. Documentation supplied is acceptable for the purpose of the device itself, although those not familiar with IT terms may find it confusing. Activity lights on the front are readable and functional.
Ideal low cost device if you need to expand your network at home without management with fast ethernet ports.
Great little unit technically and smart enough to use in the home. It looks too delicate for commercial use but otherwise this is an excellent bit of kit on the desktop or fixed to a wall by the screw slots on the rear. It allows me to take connections from the router and the full bridge modem so that I can read the modem statistics under live conditions
on 10 July 2017
I bought this because my Canon network printer was getting very slow via WiFi, and occasionally not being recognised by my Pcs or iPad. I had a hunch that a wired Ethernet connection might improve things, and that proved to be very much the case. The printer has since been 100% reliable, and fast to start printing. I had been concerned about the efficiency of the switch, but with five ports connected it only draws 1 watt or 2 VA from the mains.
Currently the switch is resting on my desk, but there are holes on the base to allow it to be hung from the wall, which I might do in the future.
on 3 July 2017
Performs well, looks good and discreet, especially if all your ethernet cables are also black. No issues with bandwidth splitting between 4 devices. Can run off 5v usb power cable. Works well in TV-centric setup between console, set top box etc.
on 17 May 2014
I was considering a router as a dumb switch, as I had one spare, but I didn't want to mess around with IP addresses etc, so opted for this.

Glad I bought this as the quality is good (metal finish) and it's very much a switch it on and leave it alone solution.

Do take note that the power socket and the Ethernet ports are on different sides of the box though, so it's not especially tidy if you're trying to stack it among other components.
on 24 March 2016
Nice product the TL - SG1008D V6 sits nicely on my shelf next to the other 5 port version. Lights are nice and small. Not glaringly blinking at you in the dark of night.

Like all modern plastic and being black, you notice the dust more. These replaced other well know units from different manufactures. Use less power and do a great job.
on 18 August 2017
Bought this ages ago - completely forgot about it which says a lot about it - it sits there doing it's thing and hasn't been touched for years. Never a fault and not had to do anything to it since day one. Great product
on 14 March 2017
Simple gigabit switch that gets the job done. I use all 8 ports and never had any problems.