on 31 August 2015
Bought March 2013,
been on permanently (albeit through two power cuts!)
- Working fine, no problems, very reliable.
The adaptor plugs into the uk mains socket. The n/w cables plug in the back and the green lights are at the front.
Simple, reliable, very cheap, does the job.
FWIW I use it mainly to connect NAS drives and stream to a Hi-Fi streamer/pre-amp. My Sky router is also plugged in and all devices are automatically seen on my home n/w.
on 25 August 2017
The TP Link 5 port ethernet switcher was just as I expected and have used it in conjunction with TP Link 200Mps plug adapter internet extenders to go from my modem in the study through to my TV room. Works really well and have had no problems with any of my 4 outputs to various devices.
Highly recommended way to accommodate multiple devices.
on 10 February 2013
Simple fast effective, for the price I was a little dubious as to what quality may arrive through my door but have to say I certainly have no concerns at all. Well packaged and arrived earlier than expected. Very simple to set up and within 5 minutes I had a GB netwrork running. If your not a techy then basically if you want to stream music, films, play games or work with large sql databases and web design where you may need to remote into other computers then you really need a GB network running. For example if you have films stored on your PC in windows media centre and want to watch them in another room say on your xbox then you need a fast network and these guys will provide you with that. However for none techy people you will also need cat6 cable and obviously any devices you use must have 10/100/1000gb network interfaces to work at this speed.
Highly reccomended
on 17 November 2011
Having bought networking kit with the more expensive badges such as D-Link, Netgear and Linksys for years, the only negative thing I have to say about TP-Link kit is that I did not find it sooner!!

A fraction of the price of the products from the brands above with just as much functionality and reliability.

Clearly not much is needed from a Switch, but this product, like every other product I have from TP-Link does exactly what you need.

The styling might not be to everyone's taste (some would say retro, some would say plain ugly), but a switch gets hidden away so who cares.

Never again will I pay twice as much for the sleeker silver lines of Netgear!

Like this? You will like these too:
Wireless N ADSL Router: £35.00 TP-Link TD-W8960N 300MBPS Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router for BT connections
Wireless N AP: £15:00 TP-Link TL-WA701ND 150Mbps Wireless Lite N Access Point
on 18 October 2013
I was fed up looking at 3 cables running on the floor between my TV equipment and my router, then I wondered how a switch worked. Decided to get an unmanaged one and chose this based on price and reviews. It worked straight out of the box. I now have one cable running from my router to my TV which fits nicely behind my skirting board, three cables didn't fit. I have the switch sitting behind my TV table with a short cable from here to my Sky box, one to my Smart DVD player, I have one lined up to go to the xbox and a spare to connect to my laptop when the wireless speed just isn't quite good enough. Everything connects to the internet when I want it to without any set up. Fabulous! Should have tried this a long time ago.
on 22 October 2014
Works like a charm - never had any problems with them (I have 2). I use one upstairs wired to one downstairs to get the best speed around the house. WDTV and Wireless router plugs into two of the ports downstairs. They run at a max of 100Mbps. Wireless between downstairs and up tends to drop out on big downloads hence I use cable. WD Book live drives are on the 1gb segment near my 1Gb desktop. I have no hesitation to recommend these - they are so cheap too.
on 11 January 2014
I bought this to set up a wired network for my smart TV, Blu Ray Player & games console. My cable router is on other corner of the living room so got this & a 10m Cat6 cable to hook up & works great.

Switch is just that, no frills, no fuss, no unecessary buttons of anything actually on it, just plug in & play set up. LED lights on front shows power on, & any live connections , & blinking indicates data transfer.

I think if your gonna get one of these Gigabit switches, go for a decent Cat6 ethernet cable for the router connection & also for the connections to your equipment.

Smart TV apps like bbc Iplayer, 4OD etc load up much quicker & no loss of signal like when using wireless, great!

All in all a very good buy & recommended.
on 18 November 2013
I literally cannot speak highly enough of this product. It is probably the most simple bit of networking kit you'll ever use...

This was my install:
Step 1 - Plug in the ethernet wires.
Done!

It's a brilliant plug n play ethernet switch that efficiently manages multiple incoming connections superbly. I am using a powerline adaptor ethernet switch to send my internet signal to this switch, I then have 2 consoles and the TV plugged in and there is no problem whatsoever! It helps that I have 120mb connection from virgin, but even still this switch just does the business!

Highly recommended! You won't be disappointed.
on 17 September 2012
I'm using this switch along with a pair of TP Link powerline adaptors after ditching network cables from my BT Inifinity hub to my Freesat HD box and Xbox 360.

One powerline adaptor is connected directly to the switch, and the switch is connected to my Xbox and Freesat box. No configuration screens, no settings to mess around with, it is really a case of plugging this thing in, and letting it get on and do its thing.

HD video from devices connected via the switch works great, and my network connection is now much more reliable - after ditching the old 10m network cables.

Supplied with a UK plug, it looks like the Amazon product photo.
on 14 December 2015
Plugged it in, it works. I put a cat 6 cable from the router downstairs in the hall to this switch upstairs in my computer room, and connected this to the Gigabit connector on my desk computer, a Chromecast (with network add on), and a Linux netbook - all worked no problems. The router is connected to fibre. I was using WiFi before but my download/upload speeds doubled once I connected through this then Cat 6 cable to the router.