Size: 17 cm|Colour: White|Change

on 2 August 2009
I carry the pacsafe on my motorbike.I came into use in Northern Ireland when we visited Carrick-Y-Ridde Rope Bridge which involves a lot of walking, not a good idea in bike leathers. We stripped off to T-shirt and shorts, the jackets;trousers;helmets all fitting into the pacsafe.Time will tell of the quality of the product but it appears to be very well made of quality materials.
on 3 October 2009
Nicely made and easy to use. Luckily its security has never been tested ... but it does give a bit of peace of mind. I used it in my hotel room & in the boot of my car on arecent holiday. I have a medium sized "LowePro Photo trekker classic" rucksac and the "85" is just a bit too small. I'd've bought a larger one if I'd known but this one means I'm a bit "happier" leaving the rucksac tied up somewhere
on 7 December 2011
I'd never heard of a PacSafe before until I bought my bag for travelling last year and then stupidly realised there were no zips on it so therefore had no way to lock it up. I did some research and found this & it REALLY came in handy in most countries I went to - my partner and I could happily leave our important documents (passports) and money in the bag and lock it up secure to something such as a bed or water pipe in our hostel rooms as well as using it on night trains which in some countries tourists can be high risk to thieves. I really would recommend this to anyone wanting some extra security whilst they are travelling especially if you are planning on being in risky areas. It does weigh a bit but I wouldn't travel without it now, I also think it can help protect your bag as well as my bag looks as good as new!
on 28 May 2011
This looks like a good item, but it appears Amazon in there great intelligence have mixed up the reviews for all the various sizes!! I bought the Pacsafe 85, as i already have a Berghaus Verden 65 and bought a Berghaus Jalan 60+15 from Amazon thinking it would cover both with relative ease..... WRONG!! BIG TIME..... didnt fit either!!

On the plus side its pretty easy to slide on, and you realise fairly quickly how to increase it volume, don't listen to those spacially challenged individuals who say its fiddly. You just have to be careful that the loops of metal dont get snagged on buckles etc as you slide it over.

It still looks like a good item, hence why I'm about to order the Pacsafe 120, except i'm going to have to opt for (& pay) for fast delivery in order to get it in time for my trip!!
on 16 December 2012
I purchased this packsafe for a 6 month stint in Asia, thinking I would use it to keep my bag safe on trains, buses and in hostels. However in reality it saw very little use -
The concept is good and the device well made, it would stop the opportunist thief, however I found it made my bag look significantly more enticing to anyone interested in stealing.
I was also very concious of weight, and although this is not a huge product, it does weigh and take up enough space to be noticeable, even within a 60l backpack.
Maybe useful for some, but I ended up posting mine home after just 1 month as it took up too much space and wasn't providing enough use.
on 5 September 2014
Very handy to secure a soft luggage roll and a back pack onto the back of my Harley during a long road trip through unknown territory; seemed the right thickness gauge to deter opportunistic thieves and/or vandals, without being too heavy to carry. Still need a pair of Kanulock lockable roof rack straps to secure the packs onto the bike during riding.
on 10 June 2010
Not only security but it is a very obvious deterant. Have a look on Ebay first, there are regularly listed there much cheaper. Elder daughter (and others in the class) had instrument stolen on a school orchestra tour to Europe, the hostel dorm was practically cleaned out of other valuables. Younger daughter took this pacsafe to Europe to secure two instruments (a violin and saxophone both in their individual cases) that had to be left in a hostel as there was nowhere secure to leave them. She attached it to the metal window frame. The following year at least half the orchestra had acquired a pac safe. A large one can take 3 violins in their individual cases comfortably. Also been used around a rucsac travelling around South America and India. I recommend using a combination padlock though - you dont want to loose a padlock key! I am sure someone will turn up with bolt cutters one day :( but for the moment it really does give piece of mind.
on 29 July 2013
I bought this to lock my bag to the rails along the seafront when we go for a swim as some of the club members have had their bags taken. I only have a small 25L rucksack and you would be able to take things out of it but I never have anything valuable in it as I have an aquapac for my keys and money. We tend to put 2-3 bags in it as its roomy. It would be better with larger bags if 'proper' security is needed
on 5 August 2009
With a little practise this is quick to use and is reassuring when leaving your stuff in a new hostel. Glad I bought it.
on 23 December 2014
Never ended up using it as was the most difficult thing to assemble. Had no instructions with it and no response form seller. It's now languising at the back of my cupboard as no-one has any idea how to assemble it. It's like the Crypton Factor!